Court's Decision on Arkansas School Funding Not Expected Until 2001
- Appeals Court Mandates Better N.Y.C. School Funding Formula. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/27/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31666, p3
A day after New York City mayor Michael R. Bloomberg and the City Council reached a final agreement on the fiscal 2004 budget, the state's highest court yesterday issued a ruling in favor of New York City schools that could have long-term implications for the finances of both city and state. The...
- Detroit Plans $400M Sale For Schools. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;02/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31069, p1
No abstract available.
- TEXAS: Judson ISD Eyes Package. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/10/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33364, p7
The article reports on a bond package of 198 million dollars considered by the Judson Independent School District in Bexar County to build a new high school and two new elementary schools.
- Omaha voters approve $254 million bond measure. White, Kerry A. // Education Week;05/19/99, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p8
Reports on voters' approval of the school-construction-bond measure in Omaha, Nebraska. Projected uses of the bond; Options in schooling provided by the measure; Reasons for the proposal to end race-based busing.
- Cost of a new school. // American School & University;Jul98, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p3
Presents a chart showing the cost of bond issues for school construction in the United States.
- School Stimulus. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/28/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31334, p43
Reports on the approval for sale of a multimillion dollar general obligation school bonds proposed by Georgia Senator Roy Barnes. Possible utilization of bonds sale; Inclusions in the school bond proposal.
- Tarheels turn to bonds. Reisman, Michael // Bond Buyer;06/28/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30671, p1
Reports on a proposed bond in North Carolina to renovate and build facilities at the state's universities and community colleges. Issuance of authorization in various tranches; Security of the debt.
- State Lawmaker: Latest N.H. School Funding Proposal Unlikely to Pass. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;05/01/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31129, p39
Reports on a New Hampshire school funding proposal. School bonds that will be issued; Repeal of tax credits on certain businesses and insurance companies.
- White Elephant? Oklahoma School Bond Program Stays Unused. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;04/19/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30622, p27
Reports on the hesitance of school districts to use the Oklahoma School Bond Guarantee Program, despite its having a triple-A rating. Absence of yield reduction for Oklahoma schools; History of the program's foundation; Concerns about the tax-exempt status of the bonds in the future.