Lobbyists Hopeful Tax Package Favorable to Munis Will Pass This Year
- House republican seeks to make water takeovers tougher. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;12/1/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30778, p4
Reports on a proposed legislation that would prevent municipalities from using tax-exempt bonds to buy private water utilities in the United States. Need for an approval from the state utility commission; Provisions of the bill.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;4/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32352, p6
The article discusses developments in several legislation affecting the municipal bond market in the U.S. No new legislation has been introduced with regards to the elimination of the use of tax-exempt bonds to finance sports stadiums for professional teams. The Coal-Based Generation Improvement...
- Lawmaker Proposes Cap Exemption for Agriculture Bonds. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;05/17/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30893, p4
Reports on a legislation introduced by Senator Kent Conrad that would exempt small-issue tax-exempt bonds used to finance loans to first-time farmers from the private activity bond volume cap. Provisions in the broader farm relief bill.
- House, Senate Each Taking a Turn At Energy Bill, Possibly With Bonds. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;9/10/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32958, p24
The article discusses the final details of separate versions of a modified energy bill that may contain tax-exempt bond provisions to introduce the bills for votes in the U.S. The amendment may contain new authorization of clean renewable energy bonds. This development on the energy legislation...
- Jobs Bifi Would Extend BABs for 3 Years. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;3/16/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33282, p1
The article focuses on the significance of the second jobs bill in extending the U.S. Build America Bonds (BABs) program for three years. It notes that the bill will exempt the private-activity minimum tax for one year. However, it points out that the bill will decrease the direct-pay subsidy...
- State, Local Groups Fear Bill Threatens Muni Bond Market. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;08/30/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30715, p40
Reports on an effort by state and local government groups in Texas to convince Representative Ralph M. Hall to withdraw a bill aimed at preventing the use of tax-exempt bonds to finance projects within five miles of privately financed facilities with which the tax-exempt entities would compete. ...
- Rep. Hall Ready to Explain Bill That Could Curb Tax-Exempts. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/13/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30724, p1
Reports on Representative Ralph Hall's Fair Competition in Tax-Exempt Financing Act of 1999 in the United States. Prevention of a variety of tax-exempt financings if they compete with privately funded projects; Provisions of the bill.
- Washington alert. // Bond Buyer;11/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30768, p3A
Informs that the United States House Ways and Means Committee has approved the last pending tax bill in 1999 that includes provisions dealing with tax-exempt bonds.
- Energy, Tax Bill Awaits House Vote. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;7/20/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31185, p1
Reports on the United States House's plan to consider an energy-related tax bill that would allow tax-exempt bonds to be sold for prepaid natural gas contracts. Protection given to the tax-exempt status of bonds sold by state and locally owned electric utilities; House leaders' plan to merge...