- Consumer Confidence Index Rises to 141.9. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;09/27/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30984, p2
Highlights the increased consumer confidence in the United States economic conditions as of September 2000.
- Saving America from prosperity. Snyder, Eric // Inside Tucson Business;07/05/99, Vol. 9 Issue 15, p4
Comments that Americans are increasingly becoming more confident of the economy according to statistics on personal savings from the United States Commerce Department. Comparison of national household savings in May 1999 with the 1930s figures; Evidence of an economic boon from the spending...
- Looks like the party's over. Snyder,, Eric // Inside Tucson Business;03/19/2001, Vol. 10 Issue 52, p4
No abstract available.
- Soft comparable-sales gains reflect fall in consumer confidence. Knapp, Malcolm M. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/2/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 27, p14
Reports the impact of economic slowdown on the second quarter comparable-restaurant sales gain in the United States. Decline in consumer confidence index; Influence of a consumer's ability to manage stress on restaurant sales; Effect of the increase in gasoline prices on restaurants.
- CONFIDENCE DOWN, SALES UP IN DECEMBER. M. H. // SN: Supermarket News;1/3/2011, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p12
The article reports on the Conference Board's Consumer Confidence Index which suggests that consumers have turned pessimistic about the U.S. economy in general and job scenario in particular.
- Economic Worries. // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;11/22/2002, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p2
Reports on the decline in consumer confidence and the status of the U.S. economy as of November 2002.
- Looking up. Lara, Martin // Business Mexico;Nov2001, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p17
Reports the positive outlook for the economic condition of the United States. Recovery of the international financial markets; Indication of economic improvements; Significance of consumer confidence in the economic growth of the country.
- Consumer optimism waxes 0.8% in March. Maxwell, Alison // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/31/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 61, p19
Reports on the consumer confidence index in the United States in March 1999. Increase from February; Appraisal of business conditions; Economists' mixed views on whether high consumer confidence would mean increased spending; Economic forecast for rest of year.
- January consumer confidence still strong; index rises 1 point. Ostroff, Jim // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/27/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 17, p17
Reports that consumer confidence in the United States remained strong in January 1999 as customers remain bullish on the American economy. Consumer income growth and low unemployment rates as the factors possibly attributing to the rise in American consumer confidence; Overview on potential...
- Analysts shrug off dip in consumer confidence. Maxwell, Alison // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/1/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 44, p4
Reports on the views of analysts on the drop of consumer confidence in the United States, for the second consecutive month in August 1999. Comparison with consumer confidence levels in the past year; Factors contributing to the decline in consumer confidence; Importance of consumer confidence...