- NAPM Chicago Index Up in April. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;05/01/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31129, p2
Reports on the Chicago Purchasing Manager's index in April 2001 in the United States.
- National PMI slipped to 56.2% in Nov. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;12/02/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30779, p2
Cites the decline in the National Association of Purchasing Management's composite index in the United States in November 1999.
- How does an increase in government purchases affect the economy? Eichenbaum, Martin; Fisher, Jonas D.M. // Economic Perspectives;1998 3rd Quarter, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p29
Presents information on a study conducted to determine the effects of increase governmental purchases on the United States economy. Questions asked in relation to the study; Methodology used in the study; Identification of exogenous movements in government purchases; Results of the study. ...
- Not everyone is successful in America today. Kocher, Stuart C. // Business Press;03/05/99, Vol. 11 Issue 44, p34
Comments that more Americans are working harder for less buying power. Subsistence of the families on their paltry salaries; Comparison of the threats of poverty with drug use; Harvest of the rewards of hard labor by the ruling class.
- Economy Turns Consumers To Lower Priced Products. // Supply House Times;Jan2002, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p6
Reports the effect of the economic slowdown in the consumer buying preferences in the United States. Company operation of Price Pfister; Financial issue of Black & Decker's Hardware and Home Improvement; Price pressures in the plumbing products business.
- It's a Jekyll and Hyde economy -- and a slump may be result. Matthews, Gordon // American Banker;1/11/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 6, p24
Presents economists' forecast of the possibility of a recession in the United States. Concern over inequality in demand and production; Shrinkage of the manufacturing sector; Drop in National Association of Purchasing Managers' index; Boom in housing sector.
- 2Q Upfront Cancellations May Open the Door for DR Media Buyers. Renfrow, Jacqueline // Response;Mar2009, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p14
The article reports on the decision of several advertisers in the U.S. to cancel their upfront television (TV) buys in the second quarter of 2009. It is believed that the cancellations, which were due to the recession, would reach to 12%. The move was intended to get their business better and...
- WHAT'S A LIVING WAGE? // NACLA Report on the Americas;May/Jun2004, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p6
Provides information on the Purchasing Power Index (PPI) in the U.S. Description of the PPI methodology; Use of the index in the assessment of the effects of the global economy on workers, their families and communities; Importance of PPI for economic development.
- United States economy. // South Dakota Business Review;Dec97, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p2
Focuses on the economy of United States for the year 1997. Unemployment rate in the United States for the third quarter of the year; Total non-agricultural employment and construction gains; Total personal income for the second quarter of the year; Third quarter unit car and truck sales.