- Robot Orders Jump 24%. // Material Handling Management;Jul2007, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p8
The article offers a look at the increase in number of robot orders for the first quarter of 2007. A total of 4,603 robots valued at $274.5 million were sold to manufacturing firms in North America through March. One of the drivers in the growth was a pick-up in orders placed by automotive...
- Armed forces. Venables, Mark // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Mar/Apr2008, p36
This article looks at how original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and robotics suppliers are collaborating on user-friendly solutions to the automotive production process. It discusses the emergence of fully-integrated vision systems as a standard feature in automotive robots, the three major...
- Robots Take Over Automotive Plant Floors. Weimer, George // Material Handling Management;Jul2001, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p55
Describes the Fanuc Toploader robot developed by Fanuc to aid automotive manufacturers. Information on the dual-arm configuration for the robot; Areas where robots are taking on the automotive sector; Features of the Toploader series; Plan of Fanuc to release a robot simulations tool.
- The robots are coming. // Metalworking Production;May2004, Vol. 148 Issue 6, p35
Reports that British manufacturers are slowly adopting robotics and automated systems. Application in automobile manufacturing; Car manufacturers' pressure on suppliers to become more efficient; Cultural resistance to the adoption of robotic technology.
- ON MFG. // Automotive Design & Production;Jun2013, Vol. 125 Issue 5, p56
The article features automobile manufacturing technologies and equipment available as of June 2013 including the Midi aqueous cleaning system from MechWash Systems, F-series industrial robots from Mitsubishi Electric Automation and Sigma NexGen line of robotic toolchangers from Applied Robotics.
- Robots cut gaskets and costs. Ball, Ken // Rubber World;Oct2000, Vol. 223 Issue 1, p33
Discusses the use of automated robot systems in producing extruded and formed automobile door gaskets, know in auto manufacturing as 'glass runs.' Key features of Computer Age Engineering's ABB IRB 4400 robot system; Advantages of using the robot system.
- Robots: Flexible Automation for a Strong Economy. Vincent, Donald // Product Design & Development;Apr2005, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p12
Discusses the increased use of robotics in car manufacturing in the United States. Advantages presented by robots to manufacturing companies; Automobile companies that have been using robotics to manufacture cars; Machine and process functions of robots. INSET: Running on Robotics.
- Robot installations bring rewards for industry. Fielding, Zoë // Manufacturers' Monthly;Feb2005, p63
Focuses on the benefits given by robotics to industries. Improvement of industrial safety; Use of robotics in the automobile industry as result of the increasing strength of raw materials; Applicability of Cartesian robots in high precision systems; Need for manufacturers to adhere to...
- Flexibility for the future. McCutcheon, Duff // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Nov/Dec2005, p58
This article discusses the implementation of advanced robotics as a flexible manufacturing strategy among automobile manufacturers. Robotics allows automobile manufacturers to extend their manufacturing capabilities and address the demands of customers in a fast and cost-effective way. Recent...