- Racking up to win. McCutcheon, Duff // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Nov/Dec2005, p56
This article discusses the implementation of a conveying system manufactured by SailRail Automated Systems at a Ford truck manufacturing plant in Wayne, Michigan. The reasons for the implementation and its benefits are detailed. SailRail solutions have been popular among assembly designers of...
- Small cars, big centre. // Professional Engineering;05/12/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, pV
Features Ford Motor Co.'s Dunton Engineering Centre in Essex, England. Responsibilities and functions handled by the center; Number of employees at the facility; Overall research and development expenditure of the company; Career paths offered to engineers at Ford. INSET: Dunton: The facts and...
- Ford seeks big share of Japan parts. Johnson, Richard // Automotive News;11/8/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5525, p19
Reports on Ford Motor Co.'s opening of the Ford Electronic Development Center, an electronics research center in Hiroshima, Japan in November 1993. Development and production of engine control units and electronic components for Japanese customers; Sales projection; Staff; Plans to open a plant...
- Gem of the West. Storck, Bob // Automotive News;8/7/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5887, p16i
Focuses on Ford Motor Co.'s car factory in Claycomo, Missouri, as of August 7, 2000. Quality of production and innovation at the car factory; Facility's production of sport utility vehicles; Company's relationship with the labor unions.
- Ford's Chicago park has echoes of Rouge. Kachadourian, Gail // Automotive News;4/9/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5924, p38
Reports that Ford Motor Co. plans to build a facility for its suppliers in Chicago, Illinois, as of April 9, 2001. Features of the proposed supplier park; Comparison with the company's Rouge complex in Dearborn, Michigan.
- Ford revives ageing icon. Eisenstein, Paul // Automotive Engineer;Jan2001, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p42
Explores the renovation of the Ford Motor Co. Rouge manufacturing facility in Detroit, Michigan. History of the facility; Integration of alternative power sources into the power grid; Installation of a drainage system.
- Ford prepares plant in Poland. Jackson, Kathy // Automotive News;8/2/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5511, p1
Reveals that the production at the Ford Motor Co. plant in Poland will begin late 1994. Cost to building the plant; Location; First year's work order.
- Ford's New Era in Manufacturing. Zoia, David E. // Ward's Auto World;Jan2003, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the development of a manufacturing plant by Ford Motor Co. in Dearborn, Michigan in January 2003. Types of automobiles and vehicles to be manufactured in the plant; Assessment of the manufacturing capacity of the plant in a year; Budget for the plant.
- Locations. Osborne, Richard // Industry Week/IW;Jul2002, Vol. 251 Issue 6, p52
Reports on the decision of Ford Motor Co. to produce its Ford Escape sport-utility vehicle at the company's Ohio Assembly Plant in Avon Lake. Reason behind the decision of the automobile manufacturer; Details on the production strategy of Ford; Background on the Ohio Assembly Plant of Ford.