New Supply Base: Coming Soon
- Further Reading. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Dec2008, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p28
The article lists the latest reports and models related to the international market, which include the "European Aftermarket Database 2008-5 Markets," "European Aftermarket Supply Chain 2008" and "Premium Company Profile: Harley-Davidson, Inc."
- China First. FLINT, JERRY // Ward's Auto World;Mar99, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p27
Analyzes the market expansion of foreign automobile companies in the Asian market. Examples of such companies; Impact of such move on Japan's automobile industry; Criticisms against such move.
- Talking the Talk. WINTER, DREW; Murphy, Tom // Ward's Auto World;Mar99, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p44
Analyzes the impact of the automobile industry's globalization on business communication. Other drawbacks of globalization; Foreign language programs offered by several automobile companies; Insights from industry officials.
- Supply Pain Management. MURPHY, TOM // Ward's Auto World;Mar99, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p55
Analyzes the impact of the automobile industry's globalization on original equipment manufacturers and suppliers. Example set by Ford Motor Co.'s acquisition of AB Volvo; Drawbacks of global engineering; Comments from industry officials.
- What Makes Transplants Thrive: Managing The Transfer Of "Best Practice" At Japanese Auto Plants In North America. Pil, Frits K.; MacDuffie, John Paul // Journal of World Business;Winter99, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p370
Multinational companies are a conduit by which superior organizing principles can be transferred across national, institutional, and cultural environments. However, for such transplantation efforts to be successful the companies face the challenge of adapting their practices and principles to...
- Emergence of transnational clusters: Evidence from the Slovak automotive industry. Z�mborsk�, Peter // Journal for East European Management Studies;2012, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p464
We explore the evolution of automotive clusters in Slovakia from the emergence to growth stages of their life cycles and investigate how the clusters spill over national borders. We also analyze how clusters and their transnationality affect firm competitiveness. Our findings suggest that...
- Why global brands grow as China's economy slumps. Jian, Yang; Sedgwick, David // Automotive News;7/4/2011, Vol. 85 Issue 6471, p6
The article reports on the business expansion being done by international automobile companies in China with positive expectations regarding the long-term growth of the economy of China, though there has been slowdown in the sales of automobiles in the country.
- VW Can Afford Expansion. Eisenstein, Paul; Kobe, Gerry // Automotive Industries;Oct98, Vol. 178 Issue 10, p30
Focuses on the aggressive expansion of the Volkswagen Group. Comments from Volkswagen board member Jens Neumann; Cost structure of the automaker.
- MACEDONIA - MAGNET FOR AUTOMOTIVE COMPONENTS INDUSTRY. // Macedonian Business Monthly;2015, Vol. 15 Issue 152, p4
The article discusses the growing attraction of multinational companies from the automotive sector towards Macedonia as an investment destination. Automotive industry parts manufacturers and suppliers have announced the future opening of more than 13 thousand workplaces. Minister for Attracting...