PEX for plumbing will expand radiant floor heating market
- A little creativity goes a long way. Holohan, Dan // Plumbing & Mechanical;Jul97, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p32
Features the boiler trap or cast-iron ham hanging from old piping systems. Description of the system; Function; Implications for plumbing contractors.
- Large diameter pipe demand to grow. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Aug95, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p5
Forecasts market growth for large diameter pipe in the United States. Analysis of William Weizer; Causes of the growth; Restriction of the growth by stabilized end-use patterns and the use of more durable materials; Increase demand for concrete pipe; Rapid gains of plastic pipe; Factors...
- Piping and ducting systems. Monger, Samuel // Energy User News;Nov96, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p40
Presents a discussion on piping and ducting systems. Hydronics; Open versus closed hydronic piping systems; Series loop, one-pipe, Two-pipe, three-pipe and four-pipe systems; Direct-and reverse-return pipe systems; Methods in performance testing.
- Fiberglass piping systems... // Power;Jul95, Vol. 139 Issue 7, p67
Features fiberglass piping systems from Smith Fiberglass Products Inc.
- Abrasion-resistant pipe... // Power;Jul95, Vol. 139 Issue 7, p67
Features an abrasion-resistant pipe from Smith Fiberglass Products Inc.
- What would you do? // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/14/96, Vol. 199 Issue 7, p3
Presents the answers of the readers of `The Airconditioning, Heating and Refrigeration News' on a `What Would You Do?' scenario on the insurance inspection of a damage piping system. Isolation of the pressure reducing valve; Improper lining of the valves; Location of the pressure relief valve.
- McCartin training facility showcased. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/1/94, Vol. 192 Issue 14, p15
Reports on the opening of the Francis X. McCartin Piping Industry Training Facility in Chicago, Illinois. Address; Coverage of fields; Organizations and unions involved.
- Paths that cross. Siegenthaler, John // Plumbing & Mechanical;Nov96, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p38
Provides information on the mechanical energy contained in a fluid due to its pressure and flow rate. Operating point for a circulator in a piping system; Flow rate of a circulator; Example of a pump curve for a small circulator.
- Effective hydraulic gradient testing. Damon, Walter A. // Fire Engineering;Feb95, Vol. 148 Issue 2, p39
Discusses the method of effective hydraulic gradient testing of the piping system in public or private water systems. Isolation of the parts to be tested; Test on the elevated tank northwest of the risk; Use of the pumping station as the supply; Making of calculations; Graphing the pipe size.
- Avoid piping pitfalls. Rode, Douglas M.; Anderson, Frederick C. // Power Engineering;Nov97, Vol. 101 Issue 11, p120
Focuses on the risks associated with the capital assets of a power plant and the structural integrity of piping systems. Business implications of divestiture to power generating systems and equipment; Benefits from a risk avoidance strategy of a power generating asset; Utilities' purchase of...