Practical Applications of Web 2.0: Bring your Community Together
- INTERNET IN THE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES OF UTTAR PRADESH: AN ANALYSIS. KHAN, SALMA; DOMINIC, J. // Indian Streams Research Journal;Nov2012, Vol. 2 Issue 10, Special section p1
The internet has changed the scenario of libraries and the mindset of users. The purpose of the study is to analyse the use of internet in the university libraries of Uttar Pradesh by the users.
- Those Interfering Filter! How to Deal with the Reality of Filters in Your School Library. Schmidt, Cindy M. // Library Media Connection;Mar2008, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p54
The article provides information relevant to the practice of Internet filtering that school librarians should consider. It discusses the impact of filters on the patrons' access to information. It recommends some actions that librarians may take to maximize their information service to their...
- Libraries and the Ethics of Censorship. DUTHIE, FIONA // Australian Library Journal;Aug2010, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p86
This paper reviews a selection of literature pertaining to the subject of censorship in modern libraries. It interrogates the literature in terms of the ethical debates informing much of the contemporary academic writing on this subject. A multi-pronged approach to the subject is adopted. The...
- Just for the Image? Linek, Stephanie B.; Schafrick, Anneka; Tochtermann, Klaus // International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning;Jan2013 Special Issue, p7
Web 2.0 is of growing importance and nowadays also a hot topic for public institutions. However, it is still an open question if users appreciate and recognize the merit of Web 2.0 applications in the context of public institutions. The presented paper describes first empirical findings on...
- Can u wiki, Flickr, and blog? Strong, Mary Lou; Dunnington, Angela // Louisiana Libraries;Fall2009, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p15
The article introduces various social networking tools for libraries to provide excellent service during challenging economic times and to continue to meet important needs. According to the authors, Wikis web page can be use to create a knowledge base, for internal communication among staff...
- WEB 2.0: A BOON FOR PROVIDING EFFECTIVE LIBRARY SERVICES. GOVANAKOPPA, RAJALAXMI A.; B., KUMARA // Indian Streams Research Journal;Mar2013, Vol. 3 Issue 2, Special section p1
The trend for the informal consumption, creation, communication and sharing of knowledge through use of Information and communication technologies (ICT) have set a increased demand with the emergence of so called "Web 2.0" application and growing use of such "read/write" web activities by...
- CONFERENCE PREVIEW. // Computers in Libraries;Jul/Aug2007 Annual Buyer'sGuide, Vol. 27 Issue 7, pS1
The article offers information on two conferences in Monterey, California, about Internet access for libraries, including The Internet Conference and Exhibition for Librarians and Information Managers to be held from October 29 to 31, 2007 and a event titled What's Happening in IL Space?, which...
- Study: Library Computers Serve Key Ed. Role. // Education Week;4/7/2010, Vol. 29 Issue 28, p10
The article discusses the report "Opportunity for All: How the American Public Benefits From Internet Access at U.S. Libraries" by researchers at the University of Washington in Seattle.
- El 14% de las bibliotecas andaluzas carec�an de conexi�n a Internet en 2007. // Boletin de la Asociacion Andaluza de Bibliotecarios;jan2008, Vol. 23 Issue 90/91, p204
No abstract available.