Coping with public health 2.0
- INTERNET REVIEWS: TWITTER LITERACY. Smith, Virginia M. // Kentucky Libraries;Summer2009, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p26
The article reports on the popularity of Twitter, a free social messaging tool that allows users to broadcast messages up to 140 characters in length. According to Meg Smith of "The Washington Post," newspapers are using Twitter to create buzz and direct users to their websites. It states that...
- 3 Reasons to Use Twitter. Dempsey, James // Macworld;Aug2009, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p73
The article discusses why one should use social networking and microblogging service Twitter. It is reported that the Twitter's broader reach can give access to people and resources one might otherwise miss. It is stated that Twitter can be a source of creative inspiration, including raw...
- WEB 2.0 FOR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION: PRACTICES AND TRENDS. Papinska-Kacperek, Joanna // Proceedings of the IADIS International Conference on WWW/Interne;2014, p235
Electronic government objective to create cheaper and more effective administration is getting to be a more and more important element in the operational strategy of all countries. Numerous examples taken from developed countries prove that public administration needs to be actively engaged in...
- OFFICER.COM SEEKS NEW CONTRIBUTORS. Borelli, Frank // Public Safety Writers Association Newsletter;Sep2012, p8
The article presents a notification for readers for new contributors to the website officer.com.
- HOW Web 2.0 can create value forâ€¦. // BRW;6/19/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p47
A list of ways by which web 2.0 can create value for businesses, consumers, site creators, innovators and investors is presented.
- TOP 100 AUSTRALIAN WEB 2.0 APPLICATIONS. // BRW;6/19/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p50
A chart that lists the top 100 Australian web 2.0 applications in 2008 based on revenue, viability, number of users, global success, business value, innovation and web 2.0 features, including www.mig33.com, wwwatlassian.com and www.redbubble.com.
- Internet, salud pÃºblica 2.0 y complejidad. Rodríguez, Rodolfo // Revista Salud UIS;sep-dic2014, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p297
As of today, Internet has changed the world and since his commercial incursion in the early nineties of the twentieth century, this would not be the same. Its impact has been monumental and historically few inventions in the humanity history have changed so much the lives of the human beings....
- Changing The Face Of Public Affairs: A Look At How Social Networking Is Impacting The Business Of The Public Sector. Adams, Michael O.; Smith, Linda D. // National Social Science Journal;Apr2010, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses the important role of social networking in the business of the public sector in the U.S. It mentions the transformation of the concept of social networking because of the world wide web. It describes how social networking websites including Facebook and Myspace evolve on...
- Cartella app bridges a gap. // KM World;Jun2009, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the initiative of Ingeniux Corp. to develop its unified social content platform called Cartella. It is stated that Cartella integrates social networking, Web 2.0 tools, and includes modules for managing documents, wikis, blogs, and social networking. Cartella's solutions...