- Sen. Barack Obama and the Cherokee Freedmen: Politics as usual. Watson, Diane // Hill;5/14/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 56, p34
The article reports on the opposition of U.S. Senator Barack Obama and Cherokee Nation regarding the legislation, H.R. 2824 sponsored by Representative Diane Watson.
- Idaho drops state veterinarian legislation. // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Feb2006, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p24
The article reports that the Idaho State Department of Agriculture is planning to drop a state veterinarian legislation That some say would have demoted the state veterinarian's status. Despite of the absence of an official state veterinarian, the effort of state officials to outline the job has...
- Fliers, don't touch that cell phone dial. Soraghan, Mike // Hill;4/16/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 41, p8
The article presents information on the bill which will ban phone conversations on airlines, to be introduced by Representative Peter DeFazio.
- Self regulation: a green light to greed: ALP. // Super Review;Nov2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p3
Reports on the plan of Australia's Federal Opposition to push for key amendments to the government's draft Corporate Law Economic Reform Program Bill. Opposition's goal of including provisions to require superannuation trustees and fund managers to declare their voting policies to members;...
- IWLA Opposes Bill Banning Independent Truckers from Ports. // Material Handling Management Exclusive Insight;1/23/2012, p1
The article reports that U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is being urged by the International Warehouse Logistics Association and other logistics industry associations to oppose a bill that would close the U.S. ports to independent truck owner-operators.
- Fate of the Reform Bill Still Doubtful. // America;5/7/1910, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p88
The article focuses on the uncertainty of the passage of the Electoral Reform Bill in Germany. Though it did passed in its second reading in the upper house, the ultimate acceptance by the Landtag was not assured. According to the article, opposition of the Centre to the government's plan to...
- Rest area commerce bill opposed. // Overdrive;Aug2011, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p88
The article reports on the opposition of the coalition Partnership to Save Highway Communities on the U.S. Senator Mark Kirk's bill, which would permit states to sell food and fuel from interstate rest areas.
- The Newfoundland and Labrador House of Assembly. Marland, Alex // Canadian Parliamentary Review;2011, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p13
The purpose of this paper is to describe and analyze the Newfoundland and Labrador House of Assembly to increase public awareness of its procedural functions and provide the basis for a comparative analysis with other legislatures. The article includes a history of the legislature; the...
- Whose interests should the Legislature protect? Barceló, Carlos Romero // Caribbean Business;5/7/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 18, p23
The author discusses the issue concerning the opposition expressed by individuals to the development of legislation in Puerto Rico. He stresses that individuals who express disapproval to the legislation develop strategies and actions as well as influence the decision of the people to oppose the...