Portfolio Manager Offers Warnings and Advice to Individual Muni Investors
- Municipal bonds gaining broad popularity. Luo, Enn // Las Vegas Business Press;8/20/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p13
Discusses the contributing factors on the viability of municipal bond investment. Predictability of the bond; Exemption of the interest of the stocks from federal income taxes; Ease in liquidating the bonds.
- Municipal Bond Prices Strengthen Ahead of Hefty New Issuance. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;11/17/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34411, p1
Traders said prices of top-quality municipal bonds were stronger at mid-session, with yields on some maturities falling by as much as two basis points ahead of this week's heavy new issue supply
- Reconsidering Rates. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;8/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31952, p1
Reports on the alteration of the portfolios of leading investment managers in the U.S. Impact of the interest rates on the business plan; Investment into short bonds; Venture into 10-year municipal bonds.
- Magic 5% Prompts Mom and Pop to Show Up and Dominate. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31890, p6
Analyzes investor interest in the U.S. municipal bond market following an increase in interest rates. Yields since March 30, 2004; Bond issues in the primary market; Retail activity spurred by market weakness; Retail demand in the fixed income arena.
- Munificence. Wang, Penelope // Money;Nov2002, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p48
Mentions the popularity of government and investment-grade bond funds. Advice for investors to consider their tax brackets; Significance of the value of municipal bonds; Speculation that municipal prices will fall as a result of rising interest rates.
- Five Ways to Play Bonds. Lallos, Laura // Money;Aug2000, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p33
Offers five tips for investing in bonds. Importance of taking advantage of short-term treasury yields; Importance of Tax-free municipal bonds; Benefits of high-yield bonds; How to protect securities from inflation; Idea to plan on the decline of interest rates that occur after a slowing of the...
- Short-Term Muni Prices May Outweigh Rate-Risk Benefits. Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;3/7/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F310, p1
The article discusses strategists for a non-traditional approach to managing interest rate risk because of short-term bonds' rising prices. It states that short-term triple-A munis are expensive to boost the spread of 5-year AAAs to Treasuries down to the lowest levels in 2012-13. It further...
- Puerto Rico to Sell $3 Billion GOs on Tuesday. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;3/7/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F310, p1
The article informs that the government of Puerto Rico has announced that it has plans to sell 3 billion dollars of general obligation bonds in the government's first GO bond sale in 2014. It states that bonds have term maturity in 2035 but will mature according to the sinking fund schedule from...
- New bond issue expected to have 10-year average life. MARINO, JOHN // Caribbean Business;3/6/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p2
The article discusses the impacts on the implementation of the government's plan to lend up to $3.5 billion through the general-obligation (GO) issue with an interest rate of 10 percent of 10-year average life in Puerto Rico. It mentions issue on hedge-fund investors and its traditional...