Bondholders Have Mercy on Hospital; Waive Debt Service Coverage
- Moody's Drops Chicago's Mercy Hospital to Caa1 After Default. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/13/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31799, p3
Focuses on the decline of the credit rating for Chicago, Illinois-based Mercy Hospital and Medical Center by Moody's Investors Service to Caa1 from B2. Failure of the hospital to pay the principal amount; Necessity to transfer to the trustee the amount to cover an interest payment; Implication...
- Chicago hospital may be at mercy of another downgrade. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/24/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30835, p1
Reports on the possibility of another downgrade for Chicago, Illinois-based Mercy Hospital & Medical Center in the wake of poor financial results. Current ratings by Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's; Hospital's uninsured debt outstanding.
- ILLINOIS: Have Mercy. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/9/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31488, p33
Reports on the attempt made by local healthcare institutions to sell Mercy Hospital & Medical Center in Chicago to local healthcare institutions according to a report published in the weekly 'Crain's Chicago Business.' Talks held between financial advisor Salomon Smith Barney Inc. and...
- Hospital, heal thyself: New team aims to revive Mercy's finances. Somasundaram, Meera // Crain's Chicago Business;04/19/99, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p4
Focuses on the restructuring program launched at Mercy Hospital and Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois. Financial performance of the hospital from 1994 to 1998; Features of the appointment of Charles Van Vorst as chief executive officer of the hospital; Major problems facing the hospital.
- Once-ill Mercy hospital makes `miracle' recovery. Zimmeth, Khristi // Crain's Detroit Business;12/08/97, Vol. 13 Issue 49, p15
Focuses on the economic relief given to Mercy Hospital of Detroit, Michigan, by the joint venture with Detroits Henry Ford Health System. Discussion on the 1990 cut backs made by the hospital which almost cost its closure; Reference to the work done on the project by Henry Ford executive,...
- LATE NEWS. // Crain's Chicago Business;06/04/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p1
Presents news relevant to businesses in Chicago, Illinois for the week of June 4, 2001. Decision by Meijer Inc. to postpone store expansion plans; Cost-cutting program at Mercy Hospital and Medical Center.
- Mercy Seeks Investors' Confidence. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/20/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30936, p1
Reports on the efforts of officials at Chicago's Mercy Hospital and Medical Center to convince investors who hold the hospital's uninsured debt, that they will succeed in their to restore the institution's financial health. Downgrading of the hospital's rating by Moody's Investors; Poor...
- Mercy Hospital, Ill., Cut by S&P. // Bond Buyer;07/25/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30939, p2
Announces that Standard & Poor's has lowered the rating on the $73.53 million revenue bonds the Illinois Health Facilities Authority issued for Mercy Hospital and Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois.
- REESE TOUTS MERGER RX FOR MERCY. Somasundaram, Meera // Crain's Chicago Business;04/10/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p3
Reports on Michael Reese Hospital & Medical Center's exploration of a possible merger with Mercy Hospital & Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois. Mercy Hospital administrators' reaction to the merger plan; Reasons for Reese's interest in landing a merger partner; Options for cooperation between...