- Louisiana Panel OKs Bill Authorizing $200M of Gulf Tax-Credit Bonds. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32317, p3
The article reports on the passage of bond legislation by a key committee in the Louisiana General Assembly intended at helping governments affected by hurricanes Katrina and Rita avoid defaulting on their debts. The passage of the bill would alow the state to issue up to $200 million of federal...
- New Measure Would Expand QZABs, But Its Adoption is Unlikely This Year. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;8/7/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31444, p3
Reports the introduction of bill that will make changes in the Qualified Zone Academy Bonds in the U.S. Senate. Offering of federal tax credit; Limitation of tax credit to insurance companies and financial institutions; Elimination of underlying bond issue.
- Sen. Clinton Proposes Tax-Credit Bonds for Technology. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/06/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31090, p3
Reports the proposal of Senator Hillary Clinton for tax credit bonds for high-speed Internet infrastructure projects. Implication of the proposal for low-income rural communities; Context of the technology bond; Issuance of bonds in helping local government investments.
- State, local officials have mixed feelings on tax-credit debt. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;05/14/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30641, p6
Compares the advantages and disadvantages of using tax-credit bonds for environmental projects and school construction in the United States. Savings that may result from the 15-year maturity of securities; Tax-credit bonds as attractive investment to pension funds.
- It's back to school for districts learning about new QZAB rules. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;08/20/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30709, p33
Reports on the effects of changes in federal rules governing tax-credit bonds on qualified zone academy bond program in California. Provision of zero-interest rate borrowing; Manner and timing of the calculation of the tax credit.
- Activists want to do to lease debt what they did to taxes. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p14A
Focuses on activists' attack on California's use of lease-backed bonds. Plan to sponsor initiatives in San Diego and statewide to force voter approval of all forms of state and local debt; Lease revenue bonds in California; Rise of lease debt.
- Oklahoma Reduces Its Debt Amid Spate of Refundings. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/23/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31558, p36
Discusses tax-supported debt and refunding bonds issued by the state of Oklahoma to take advantage of interest rates in the U.S. Inclusions in the tax-supported debt; Billion dollar increase in revenue bond issuance in the state; Significance of paying off tax-supported debt.
- Denver Aquarium Bondholders Weigh City Takeover. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31319, p4
Reports on the effect of proposal of Denver, Colorado city to takeover Colorado Educational and Cultural Facilities authority on the investors who hold defaulted revenue bonds sold by the facility in 1997 to finance the Ocean Journey aquarium. Proposal of the city for bondholders regarding...
- Bond Contracts Stand at Center of Detroit Airport Dispute. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/11/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31468, p36
Reports the debate on bond contracts and disclosure of the outstanding airport debt by top bond attorneys in Michigan. Vulnerability of the county for liabilities of outstanding debt; Impairment of the contract between the county and the bondholders; Failure of the attorneys and financial...