In the Loop
- Middlemen under fire in contract publishing. Hawkins, Tom // Printing World;9/22/2005, Vol. 291 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the criticism of magazine production experts on the growing influence of print managers in contract publishing in Great Britain. Disadvantage of doing transaction through a middleman; Suggestion that the trend has became a barrier to direct communication between publishers and...
- RETAIL: NEWSWATCH. // SN: Supermarket News;10/22/2012, Vol. 60 Issue 43, p4
The article offers news briefs related to the retail industry including the plan of Loblaw Cos. to layoff about 700 employees at its headquarters, the new contract approved by Kroger Co. union workers and the plan of Costco Wholesale Corp. to accelerate its warehouse openings in 2013.
- An open letter to the industry. Failla, John // Discount Store News;8/19/96, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p12
Announces the unprecedented support from readers and advertisers in the first half of 1996 to the periodical `Discount Store News.' Increase in subscription; Readers' response to the periodical's home page in the Internet.
- A rendezvous with retailers. Gremillion, Jeff // MediaWeek;3/3/97, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the first joint conference between publishers and retailers, which was held in late February 1997 in Dallas, Texas. Publishers' single-copy sales strategies; Publishers' concern over the consolidation of retail outlets of magazines.
- The fall of our discontent. Anderson, Scott // Quill & Quire;Oct99, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p16
Reports issues related to book publishing and retailing in Canada. Evaluation of the prices; Competition of the imprints industries; Details on the book buyers.
- Jigsaw to gather data via digital TV and WAP. Darby, Ian // Marketing (00253650);2/24/2000, p3
Reports on Jigsaw Consortium's plan to use interactive television, mobile phone technology and other means of collecting data on customers. Plans of the consortium to launch an Internet version of the magazine `Voila!'; Jigsaw's plan to use questionnaires before introducing its new methods of...
- Deals. DEAHL, RACHEL // Publishers Weekly;11/12/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 46, p8
A list of book publishing deals concluded as of November 12, 2012, is presented, which includes publisher Stewart, Tabori & Chang buying the book "The Forest Feast" by Erin Gleeson, publisher Yale University Press buying "The App Generation" by Katie Davis, and Countryman Press, a Norton...
- They're in the Money. Langstaff, Margaret // Publishers Weekly;9/20/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 38, p37
Looks at the plight of bargain books. Revenues from bargain books; Consolidation in this segment of the book industry; Reason bargain is essential to booksellers' business; Competition; Strategic partnership in this segment; Products available; Books to look for. INSETS: POV: An Independent...
- OOPS. // Quill & Quire;Dec2015, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p7
A correction to an article about a deal is presented.