CBA Would Fight U.S. Bidders
- New marketing scheme links Christian publishers, booksellers. Griffin, W. // Publishers Weekly;8/25/89, Vol. 236 Issue 8, p44
Announces the Christian Booksellers Association's new national marketing partnership for Christian retailers and suppliers called LifeDiscovery. What the program will provide to participating stores; Fifteenth Anniversary of the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association; Activities and...
- News from the ABC. Schnol, J. // Publishers Weekly;2/23/90, Vol. 237 Issue 8, p138
Reports on the Association of American Booksellers for Children. Their new venture; Raffle held to help the California booksellers affected by the earthquake; Peace kit.
- Washington indies form association. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;1/30/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 5, p32
Reports on the establishment of the Washington Independent Booksellers Association. Formulation of a mission statement; Cosponsoring of several events.
- CBA eyes ways to expand business. Bates, Patricia // Billboard;3/22/97, Vol. 109 Issue 12, p69
Discusses news relating to the Christian Booksellers Association (CBA) and the CBA Expo '97. The belief that there will be a higher demand for Christian videos, books, music, and computer software as the second millennium nears; Comment from CBA chairman and owner of Evangel Inc. Steve Adams;...
- Mid-South group has wide-ranging impact. Summer, Bob // Publishers Weekly;11/18/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 47, p29
Looks at the Mid-South Independent Booksellers for Children, an alliance of retailers from both specialty and general stores in Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Louisiana and Arkansas. Marketing and promotion as major goals of the alliance; The group's affiliation with Mid-South Booksellers...
- Calling all Rocky Mountain publishers! // Publishers Weekly;11/14/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 45, p19
Reports that the Mountains and Plains Booksellers Association is requesting for nominations for the first Dwight A. Myers Award to honor a Rocky Mountain publisher. Prize; Contact information.
- Bookselling daybook. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;3/29/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 13, p15
Announces that the Mountains and Plains Booksellers Association (MPBA) is opposed on principle to boycotts over the issue of Colorado's anti-gay and lesbian Amendment 2, passed in November 1992. MPBA recommendation to authors, publishers, librarians and supporters of free speech.
- Trends in Christian fiction. Bearden, Michelle // Publishers Weekly;2/8/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 6, p38
Discusses why Christian Booksellers Association insiders are looking forward to a brighter and more expansive future for a greater number of Christian novelists. The success of crossover author Frank Peretti; Peretti's books include `This Present Darkness' and `Piercing the Darkness'; Overview...
- MPBA wages and benefits survey. Heidkamp, Maria; Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;11/9/1992, Vol. 239 Issue 49, p36
Reports that while a few Rocky Mountain and Great Plains bookstores provide employees with benefits such as health insurance, paid vacation and leave time, many still offer wages that are only slightly above the minimum, a Mountains and Plains Booksellers Association survey of members' wages and...