- Jobs lost at pine firm. // Cabinet Maker;11/17/2000, Issue 5214, p3
Cites KPMG Peat Marwick's search for a buyer for pine furniture retailer and manufacturer Richard Kimbell following 28 job cuts.
- Buyer still sought. // Cabinet Maker;10/20/2000, Issue 5210, p5
Reports on the business uncertainty of pine furniture manufacturer, Richard Kimbell, as receiver KPMG continues to seek for a buyer.
- Stag to make 68 redundant. // Cabinet Maker;10/22/99, Issue 5160, p6
Reports that the Stag Furniture company will shed 15 percent of its workforce in an effort to reduce costs.
- Gabberts lays off employees in Dallas, Minneapolis. // Furniture/Today;9/29/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p68
Reports on the retrenchment of employees by Gabbert in the U.S. Centralization of the customer care functions; Result of the pending outsourcing of in-house credit programs; Improvement of productivity.
- Steelcase Is First To Cut More Jobs. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/27/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p3
Reports on Michigan-based furniture company Steelcase Inc.'s plan to layoff more than five percent of its employees. Decline in the company's sales and revenues; Drop in corporate capital spending; Implications for the furniture industry.
- Disabled workers face redundancy. // Community Care;3/14/2002, Issue 1413, p14
Reports on the extension of the redundancy notices for the disabled workers in Britain facing compulsary redundancy from B Line Industries. Ruling of the Kingston-upon-Hull Council on the case; Information on B Line.
- upfront. // Furniture/Today;7/9/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p4
Reports developments related to the furniture industry in the United States as of July 2001. Promotion of Bryan Edwards as vice president of sales of Lea Industries; Appointment of Rick Colford as the exclusive representative of Valina Leather; Dismissal of employees by Clayton Marcus.
- Cashflow crisis forces Duckers' liquidation. // Cabinet Maker;05/18/2001, Issue 5238, p6
Reports the liquidation of Duckers Furniture company in Great Britain. Impact of the company closure to job losses and production stoppage; Confirmation of financial cashflow crisis by liquidator Gary Blackburn; Effect of competition with cheaper imports to company losses.
- October trading. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/3/2004, Issue 5417, p40
Presents statistical data about the trading activity within the furniture industry in Great Britain as of October 2004. Increase in the sales volume of living and bedroom cabinet; Loss of staff members according to a quarter of retailers survey; Static level of imports.