- Easy does it . // Cabinet Maker;6/22/2001, Issue 5243, p22
Discusses the operation of Furniture 123, an online furniture retailers launched in November 1999. Alternative to the in-store shopping experience; Factors that inspire people to use the Internet for furniture purchases; Return rate; Sales growth. INSET: The verdict.
- Furniture tops the poll. // Cabinet Maker;1/28/2005, Issue 5423, p4
Recognizes Furniture123.co.UK as the first retailer to win the Furniture Awards Business Excellence category in Great Britain. Corporate history; Company operations; Reputation of the company in the furniture industry.
- Access made easy. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;09/22/2000, Issue 5206, p6
Highlights the features of Great Britain-based furniture retailer Furniture123.co.uk's Web site.
- Strong sales for Furniture123. // Cabinet Maker;01/05/2001, Issue 5219, p2
Discloses that electronic furniture retailers Furniture 123 experienced improved sales in the last quarter of 2000.
- Pioneer of the online frontier. // Cabinet Maker;1/21/2005, Issue 5422, p95
This article focuses on the success of Furniture 123. Set up in May 1999, it began trading six months later. The past year and more has seen consistent profitability, with sales continuing to enjoy significant increases. The plain truth is that running an e-commerce business properly is very...
- Gypsies 'no trouble' for Conroys as sales increase. Stanton, Justin // Cabinet Maker;08/14/98, Issue 5101, p6
Reports on the sales gain posted by Conroys' furniture store in Tyne & Wear in July 1998 despite the presence of gypsy caravans on Conroys' car park in Great Britain. Group sales; Conroys' decision to quit buying group Associated Independent Stores.
- Spotting winners on and off duty. Field, Julian // Cabinet Maker;7/14/2006, Issue 5496, p51
The article presents an interview with managing director of Furniture 123, Julian Field, about his association with the furniture industry and the company. Furniture 123 is an online furniture store. When asked about his job profile, he replied that his work involves a lot of strategic direction...
- Online spending 'set to double'. // Cabinet Maker;8/25/2006, Issue 5502, p6
The article reports on the prediction by Internet payment company PayPal Inc. stating that online spending in Great Britain is set to double by 2010. PayPal states that there will be 24.9 million online shoppers, which is 71 percent more than in 2005, with an estimated 39 billion pounds spend or...
- When the going gets tough. Pamben, Evenly // Cabinet Maker;4/6/2007, Issue 5532, p10
The article focuses on the effect of online market to the business performance of Furniture123.Co.UK, specially to its retailers. It could be noted that the company had taken pre-emptive action in expecting a tough few months throughout the furniture retail sector. It has been argued that the...