Cornwell Parker takeover being looked at by OFT
- Silentnight aims takeover bid at Cornwell Parker. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;09/29/2000, Issue 5207, p1
Focuses on the takeover approach launched by British furniture manufacturer Silentnight Holdings for Cornwell Parker. Possible union of Great Britain's best known bed and furniture brands; Profits and sales of the combined group.
- Silentnight goes for gold. // Cabinet Maker;09/29/2000, Issue 5207, p8
Focuses on Silentnight Holdings' takeover approach for Cornwell Parker and its implications for the British furniture industry. Market's speculation about what Silentnight would keep out from the Cornwell Parker portfolio; Silence of Cornwell Parker chief executive Bill Simpson about the...
- Silentnight deal cleared. // Cabinet Maker;03/02/2001, Issue 5227, p2
Reports on the deal clearance issued by the Office of Fair Trading on the acquisition of Cornwell Parker by Silentnight Holding in Great Britain. Opposition of the Retailer Action Group to the deal; Opinion of Bill Simpson, Silentnight chief executive officer, on the issue.
- The best of both worlds? Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/20/2000, Issue 5210, p7
Focuses on the impact of the merger of Silentnight and Cornwell Parker on the furniture manufacturing sector consolidation in Great Britain. Establishment of Silentnight Holdings chief executive, Bill Simpson, as a significant person in the furniture manufacturing industry; Gaps filled by...
- OFT to investigate Ryanair's Aer Lingus stake after failed Supreme Court bid. Chadderton, Sam // Lawyer (Online Edition);6/1/2012, p2
The article reports that the Supreme Court has ruled to allow the Great Britain Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to investigate Ryanair's buyout attempt of Aer Lingus under the merger control legislation. OFT will investigate whether Ryanair should be made to sell its 25 percent stake in the Irish...
- Competition - is the Government playing fair? Counsell, Gail // Accountancy;Oct84, Vol. 95 Issue 1094, p16
Focuses on the merger policy in Great Britain. Aim of the policy to promote competition in the market; Scrutiny of the Office of Fair Trading on prospective mergers; Role of the Secretary of State in making decisions about the merger.
- Silentnight aims takeover bid at Cornwell Parker. // Cabinet Maker;7/6/2007, Issue 5545, p58
The article reports on the possible acquisition of Cornwell Parker by Silentnight Holdings in Great Britain. The acquisition will strengthen the position of Silentnight as the largest furniture manufacturer in the country and will also combine the best known bed and furniture brands. The company...
- Mergers in newspaper sector possible says OFT. Hooker, Adam // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);6/26/2009, p6
The article reports on the potential merger among regional newspaper publishers in Great Britain. The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has suggested that these publishers try the market for merger proposals. On the other hand, publishers and printers are asking for more lenient merger law. The OFT...
- New right for merger rivals. // Accountancy;Nov2002, Vol. 130 Issue 1311, p8
The article reports the publication of new rules related to merger bids by Great Britain's Office of Fair Trading (OFT) at the end of October 2002. These rules will allow competitors a right to challenge merger bids at a special appeals tribunal. The OFT will assume the role of referring mergers...