Half-empty glass is made half-full
- New York health care plan draws jeers amid cheers. Fredrickson, Tom // Crain's New York Business;11/20/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 47, p29
Focuses on Healthy New York, a state plan that promises to slash health insurance costs for the state's small business owners. Salient features of the program; Eligibility requirements to the program; Pros and cons of the program.
- Health reform stirs passions in Trenton. Goldblatt, Dan // Business News New Jersey;10/4/95, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p14
Reports on the opposition to New Jersey's rules for small business health insurance coverage. Issues over the health insurance reform law provision on flat community rating; Conflict over insurance rates among young people and elderly.
- Health insurance incentive. // LP/Gas;Feb99, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p9
Focuses on the government proposal which would enable firms with 50 or less employees to get temporary tax breaks to offer health insurance to employees. Details of the proposal; Maximum amount allowed for an individual's insurance.
- 1 How will health reform help more people obtain coverage and access to care? Who will be helped? // Columbia Journalism Review;May/Jun2010 Supplement, p2
In this article the author examines aspects of health care reform in the United States. It is noted that health care reform is intended to assist Americans in obtaining medical insurance, to slow the rise in health care costs, and to improve the standard of medical care. The article explains...
- Insurance exchange debate heats up. MESSINA, JUDITH // Crain's New York Business;6/13/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p0019
The article discusses the issues concerning the insurance exchange. It says that when January 2014 comes, states need to have a health care exchange as a replacement for small and individual businesses satisfying the minimum standards based from the Affordable Care Act. However, it says that...
- President Obama Trims Details on Health Law as Exchange Cost Rises. // Insurance Broadcasting;4/11/2013, p1
The article focuses on the health care reform introduced by U.S. President Barack Obama. It informs that according to the U.S. budget, the cost of network of health-insurance exchanges, a part of the Affordable Care Act, has increased to 4.4 billion U.S. dollars for 2012 and 2013, and is...
- Health insurance exchange of ideas. GREENE, JAY // Crain's Detroit Business;7/11/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p0003
The article discusses the planning for the statewide health insurance exchange under the national health care reform for individuals and small businesses in Michigan. It mentions that the Department of Community Health (DCH) in Michigan will submit a proposal to Governor Rick Snyder by the end...
- Compliance Matters. The Small Business Health Care Tax Credit: Does your practice qualify? Thomas, Nate // PT in Motion;Nov2010, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p44
The article focuses on the health care tax credits on small businesses. It states that tax credit was created to aid small business with low wage earners and limited pertinence to professional small businesses including law, medical and physical therapy practices. It also relates key questions...
- High court rules on payer tax. Sorosiak, Camille // AHA News;10/2/95, Vol. 31 Issue 40, p2
Reports that self-insured health care payers in Connecticut must pay hospital-bill taxes. United States Second Circuit Court of Appeals ruling that self-insured plans are not preempted by the Employee Retirement Security Act; Claim of the New England Health Care employees Union Local 1199 that...