- Tech takes stat turn at Merrill. Schroeder, Mary // Securities Industry News;01/31/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the election of John McKinley Jr. as one of seven executive vice presidents of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. Election as a reflection of the company's commitment to technology and its satisfaction with its online initiatives; Accomplishments of the company's technology unit; McKinley's...
- Merrill reclaims telecom analysts poached by Cowen. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/03/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p7
Reports the rehiring of departed members by the Merrill Lynch & Co. in the United States. Implications for the telecom research team of the company; Analyst Megan Kulick as head of the research team; List of the company telecom research team members.
- Emerging-Markets Exec Move at Merrill. // American Banker;12/28/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 248, p10
Reports on the announcement made by Merrill Lynch's investment management unit that Grace Pineda will have overall responsibility for investment strategy and oversight of the company's emerging-markets portfolio. Pineda's previous position at the Merrill Lynch Dragon Fund.
- Humber Returns to Head East Region for Merrill Lynch. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;03/28/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30858, p4
Reports on the appointment of Jeffrey Humber as head of relationship banking at Merrill Lynch & Co. Career history; Achievements; Job description.
- Merrill Gives Retail to O'Neal, Banking to Steffens. RING, NIAMH // American Banker;2/15/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 31, p9
Reports on Merril Lynch & Co. Inc.'s reassignment of top executives in its United States private-client group. Handing of responsibility for global banking strategy to veteran John L. Steffens; Naming of chief financial officer E. Stanley O'Neal to head the company's retail brokerage operation;...
- Using Simulation in Selecting a Sales Force. Marshall, Sandra; Hollenbeck, George // Training & Development Journal;Nov81, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p43
Focuses on Merrill Lynch's development of a process to improve its selection process for account executives. High training costs and turnover of employees; Selection of employees for clerical and mechanical jobs.
- Time to take the bull out of the thundering herd. Pitcher, George // Marketing Week;5/23/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p27
Discusses the factors contributing to the departures of several executives at Merill Lynch in Great Britain. Allegations against the firm for peddling stock recommendations to investors; Departure of senior executive Carol Galley; Distinction between asset-management departures and resignation...
- Merrill Taps M&A Pros for Europe. Cohen, Judith Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;07/05/99, Vol. 12 Issue 27, p3
Announces the appointment of managing directors at Merrill Lynch. Objective of the appointments; Move of Wilder Fulford to join Merrill Lynch in its London office; Decision of Michael Tarrant in joining Merrill Lynch; Assignments of Fulford and Tarrant.
- Two Former eBondTrade Execs Join Merrill's West Coast Team. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;7/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31187, p32
Reports that Edward Burdett and Cheryl Hines have joined the West Coast branch of Merrill Lynch & Co. Career history of Burdett and Hines; Job responsibilities.