Bond Attorney Robert Star to Join Kutak Rock Illinois
- Chicago firm taps 6 biz attorneys. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;01/17/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 33, p60
Reports that several former lawyers of law firm Troop, Steuber, Pasich, Reddick and Toby have joined Katten Muchin and Zavis' office in Los Angeles, California, as of January 17, 2001.
- Talent raid raises Jenner's bankruptcy bar. Daniels, Steve // Crain's Chicago Business;5/13/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p3
Reports the employment of former Katten Muchin Zavis Rosenman bankruptcy lawyers at Jenner & Block LLC in Chicago, Illinois. Popularity of Jenner for litigation prowess; Impact of the situation on Katten; Benefit of the lawyers on the corporate practice of Jenner.
- Winston raids Katten for six partners. Westacott, Gemma // Lawyer;8/8/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p2
Reports that Katten Muchin Zavis Rosenman has lost another six partners to rival Winston & Strawn in the U.S. Admission of strategic assault on its financial services practice; Recruitment of lawyers with attractive remuneration packages; Strategy of the law firm to develop its financial...
- Living large. Stainburn, Samantha // Crain's Chicago Business;4/25/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p34
The article reports that the politics of working for a big law firm can easily sour many an idealistic young attorney. Through his connections representing the Chicago White Sox and Chicago Bulls, Adam Klein, partner at Katten Muchin Zavis Rosenman, scored tickets to the 1999 NBA finals, Major...
- Bryan Cave nabs nine from Katten. Hoare, Steve // Lawyer;3/14/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p8
This article reports that St. Louis-based Bryan Cave LLP has raided national rival Katten Muchin Zavis Rosenman for nine attorneys for its Washington D.C., New York and Los Angeles offices. The five lawyers joining in D.C. and New York will bolster Bryan Cave's financial institutions practice....
- Miramax legal eagle flies to KMR law firm. Mohr, Ian // Daily Variety;10/3/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 1, p2
Reports that lawyer Alan Friedman has joined Katten Muchin Rosenman as a partner in its entertainment and media litigation practice in New York City. Position he previously held at Miramax Film Corp.; Litigation issues he dealt with at the company; Career background of Friedman.
- At the Bar. Sangillo, Gregg // National Journal;6/10/2006, Vol. 38 Issue 23, p70
The article reports on the appointment of Corinne Pouliquen as partner with law firm Vorys Sater Seymour and Pease in the U.S. According to her, she preferred to become a veterinarian prior to acquiring a law degree from the Franklin Pierce Law Center in Concord, New Hampshire. Pepper Hamilton...
- Big is (still) beautiful! Cordtz, Dan // FW;5/23/95, Vol. 164 Issue 12, p62
Focuses on the Chicago, Ill. law firm called Katten Muchin & Zavis. Headcount of more than 350 lawyers; Strategy of deliberate, planned expansion to megafirm size; Office; Differences in the firms' organization and practice.
- A longer arm of the law. Goldberg, Stephanie B. // Crain's Chicago Business;9/20/93, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p16
Features Katten Muchin & Zavis, a Chicago, Illinois-based law firm, and its attempt to carve a niche as a multinational firm. Challenge of getting lawyers in the firm to focus beyond the nation's borders; Effort to attract both inbound and outbound international business; Reliance on local...