Sources Leak Possible Choices for HUD Head Under a Bush Regime
- HUD Deputy Jackson Named to Top Job. Heller, Michele // American Banker;12/15/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 239, p21
U.S. President George W. Bush on Friday, nominated Alphonso Jackson to head the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Jackson has served as HUD deputy secretary since 2001 and was named acting secretary last week.
- Congressmen Criticize Plan to Kill HUD's HOPE VI Program. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31597, p5
Reports on the criticizing of U.S. President George W. Bush's multi-billion dollar Department of Housing and Urban Development budget for the fiscal year 2003-2004 by Congressmen. Reasons for the criticism; Comments of several Congressmen regarding these proposals.
- Aguirre Next HUD Secretary? // National Mortgage News;4/21/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 29, p14
The article reports on the move of President George W. Bush in nominating a new housing secretary in the U.S. According to the author, sources shows that Eduardo Aguirre Jr., the U.S. ambassador to Spain, is likely to get the position. It stresses that the White House has been looking for a...
- Senate Housing Panel Knocks Bush's Reduced Fiscal '08 HUD Budget. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;5/4/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32622, p4
The article reports on the criticism of senators from both parties on President George W. Bush's proposed $35.2 billion fiscal 2008 budget for the Department of Housing and Urban Development in the U.S. According to Senator Patty Murray, chairwoman of the Senate Appropriations Committee's panel...
- President Steps In On RESPA. Collins, Brian // National Mortgage News;12/29/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p1
Reports on the decision of U.S. President George W. Bush to support the RESPA reform. Affirmation of his support for the Dept. of Housing and Urban Development's proposal to simplify the mortgage process; Basis of Bush's decision.
- Renewing the Dream: HUD Budget Aims to Help Out Low-Income Families. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;04/10/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31115, p7
Reports on President George W. Bush's fiscal 2002 United States Department of Housing and Urban Development budget. Creation of 34,000 new Section 8 rental-assistance vouchers; Creation of the American Dream Downpayment Fund.
- Senators Rip Bush's FY2005 Package as New HUD Boss Is Confirmed. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/2/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31855, p5
Reports that several senators have criticized the 2005 U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) budget proposed by U.S. President George W. Bush. Provisions of the proposed HUD spending plan; Confirmation by the U.S. Senate of the appointment of Alphonso Jackson as HUD secretary.
- Housing: President Signs Bill to Revamp Mark-to-Market Program. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31303, p5
Reports that U.S. President George W. Bush has signed legislation that extends the life of the Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) Office of Multifamily Housing Assistance Restructuring. Alteration of the status of the housing office within the department; Details of the...
- Proclamation 7685--National Homeownership Month, 2003. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/16/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 24, p756
Presents the Proclamation 7685 issued by U.S. President George W. Bush on June 13, 2003 about the National Homeownership Month. Significance of homeownership to U.S. citizens; Services offered by the American Dream Downpayment Fund to qualified families; Goal of the U.S. Department of Housing...