Insurers Need Assurance With Federal Full-Funding Grant Deals
- NJ transit still ahead of the rest with second Garvee sale. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;11/05/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30763, p3
Reports on the plan of New Jersey-based NJ Transit to conduct a second offering of bonds backed by federal mass-transit grants. Use of the sale's proceeds to purchase train engines and cars for existing rail lines; Plans to structure the second offering as a true Garvee deal.
- Hawaii, North Carolina Credits Lead Slate of Quality Offerings. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;10/10/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30992, p8
Reports on developments related to bonds and the securities industry in the United States as of October 10, 2000. New Jersey Transit Corp. certificates of participation offering; Mecklenburg County, North Carolina's competitive bond issue.
- NJ Transit Steams Ahead. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;08/06/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30699, p1
Reports on the plan of the New Jersey Transit Corp. to issue $600 million of state appropriation-backed debt through the New Jersey Economic Development Authority. Problem with the enabling legislation of the New Jersey Transit Corp.; Structuring of a lease-backed deal.
- N.J. Treasury Issues Underwriter RFP for NJTransit COPs. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;4/18/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32610, p26
The article reports that New Jersey's Treasury Department is seeking underwriting services for the New Jersey Transit Corp.'s certificates of participation program. The request for proposals calls for one senior manager and three co-senior managers to price the authority's upcoming grant...
- NJTransit QKs $1.29B Capital Plan, $1.6B Operating Budget. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;7/12/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32669, p3
The article reports that the New Jersey Transit (NJT) Authority has approved a $1.29 billion capital plan and a $1.6 billion operating budget for fiscal 2008. With this, the authority is expecting to sell about $250 million of bonds on September 2007 to help finance capital projects in New...
- Lawmakers to Weigh $1.6B NJTTFA Plan. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;3/24/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33085, p1
The article reports on the plan of New Jersey Transportation Trust Fund Authority to borrow $1.3 billion to $1.6 billion of current-interest bonds and capital appreciation bonds in fiscal 2010. The move is part of its plan to support infrastructure improvements for the state Department of...
- ACES ready to go. // Railway Age;Jan2009, Vol. 210 Issue 1, p21
The article announces the plan of NJ Transit to start offering rail service between New York City and Atlantic City, New Jersey through its ACES on February 6, 2009. ACES is a joint venture of Caesars Atlantic City, Harrah's Resort Atlantic City, and Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa. Collectively,...
- NJ Transit maps record capital program. // Railway Age;Apr93, Vol. 194 Issue 4, p6
Announces NJ Transit's unveiling of a $514 million capital improvement program for fiscal year beginning July 1, 1993. Approval required from state legislature and regional planning agencies; Provisions; Smaller projects.
- NJ Transit: On a growth curve. Vantuono, William C. // Railway Age;May93, Vol. 194 Issue 5, p55
Reports on New Jersey Transit's expansion plans for the next five years after 1993. $514 million for 1994; Rail system reconfiguration; Upgrade of existing services; Integration of bus and rail; TransitCheck incentive program; Funding for operations.