University of Mass. Deal Backed by Ambac, Not the State
- Hard-Princeton Rivalry Continues With $92M Sale. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;10/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31744, p3
Reports on the plan of the Harvard University to sell its variable-rate demand bonds in the U.S. Reasons for using the housing revenue bond structure; Selection of the RBC Dain Rauscher Inc. to underwrite ths sale; Contract enterered by the company with J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
- Two Colorado Charter Schools Plan New 'Corridors' for Students. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31187, p1
Reports that the Colorado Cultural and Educational Facilities Authority will sell a combined 30 million dollar of revenue bonds in August 2001 to finance two campuses. Construction of shared facilities by University Lab School and the University of North Colorado.
- Construction Sale. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31952, p31
Reports on the approval of the sale of bonds by Idaho State University for the Rendezvous Center Project in Idaho.
- Back-to-Back Sales on Tap for Texas University Systems. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/26/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31126, p36
Reports the plans of the University of Texas System and Texas A and M University System for revenue bonds sale. Conditions guiding public universities sale of revenue bonds as provided by law; Sources of university financing; Uses of the sales proceeds.
- Outside developers can help rein in school housing debt. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;03/24/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30605, p1
Focuses on the use of off-balance-sheet financing by colleges and universities in the United States. Reasons of companies for using the approach; Universities issuing revenue bonds for various construction projects; Importance of off-balance-sheet financing to the university's ability to...
- Illinois Universities Can Borrow Against Aid. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/16/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33334, p4
The article reports on a newly approved power to borrow bill that will require Illinois' state universities to have sufficient liquidity to meet their fiscal obligations.
- College of New Jersey Downgraded by S&P in Advance of Deal. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;5/6/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31380, p39
Reports the revenue bond sale of the College of New Jersey. Increase of school debt; Decline of the standard rating; Construction of school buildings.
- Trio of Illinois Universities plan sales to renovate, expand campus facilities. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/15/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30683, p3
Discusses the bond sales involving three Illinois universities. Decision of the University of Illinois Board of Trustees to sell certificates of participation (COP) to finance several utility-related project; Loyola University of Chicago's effort to put together a medium-term note deal; DePaul...
- University of Oklahoma Issuing Debt to Upgrade Athletic Facilities. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;02/20/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31080, p38
Reports that the University of Oklahoma Board of Regents is issuing revenue bonds in a competitive sale in January 2001 to be used for the upgrading of campus athletic facilities. Backing for the debt through a pledge of the university's athletic priority seating program; Role of Floyd Law Firm...