Employment Report Tops Indicators
- 4.2%. // BRW;9/18/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 37, p11
The article reports that the Australian unemployment rate remained at 4.2 percent during August 2008. According to the author, the year-on-year rise in employment numbers was 2.2 percent against a rise in the unemployed over the same period of just 0.4 percent. The author adds that the figures...
- The Myth of Full Employment. Walker, Lewis J. // On Wall Street;Jun2003, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p81
Focuses on unemployment rate in the U.S. as of June 2003. Factor which contribute to the rise of unemployment rate in the country; Relationship between wages and unemployment; Discussion on the concept of full employment.
- Employment and Unemployment Developments, March 2005. // Employment & Earnings;Apr2005, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p1
Presents data on the levels of employment and unemployment in the U.S. as of March 2005. Increase in total nonfarm payroll employment; Decline in unemployment; Addition of jobs in several industries including construction, mining, health care, and wholesale trade.
- EMPLOYMENT, UNEMPLOYMENT, AND WAGES. // Economic Indicators;Apr2005, Vol. 110 Issue 4, p11
Presents statistical information on status of employment, unemployment and wages in the U.S. as of April 2005.
- Business Highlights. // South Dakota Business Review;Dec2004, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p2
Presents an update on the economic conditions of South Dakota and the U.S. in general as of December 2004. Increase in the number of nonfarm wage and salaried workers in the state; Unemployment rate in the country in the third quarter of 2004; Slowdown of personal income estimates in the state,...
- Business Highlights. // South Dakota Business Review;Mar2006, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p2
Compares the employment data in South Dakota and the U.S. Increase in the number of nonfarm wage and salaried workers in South Dakota between 2004 and 2005; Data on nonfarm employment between 2004 and 2005 from the Bureau of Labor Statistics; Statistics on manufacturing workers; Unemployment...
- Employment here climbs sharply. // Journal of Business (10756124);12/23/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 26, pA2
Reports that non-agricultural wage and salary employment in the Spokane area in Washington rose to 205,000 in November 2004, n increase of 4,500 jobs from the November 2003 level. Unemployment rate in the area according to preliminary results.
- UNEMPLOYMENT. // OECD Observer;2003 Supplement 1, p20
Presents statistics on unemployment of member countries of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). Australia; Austria; Belgium; Canada; Czech Republic; Denmark; Finland; France.
- Underbelly of the Economy. // Society;Sep/Oct85, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p5
This article presents the findings of a study released as of 1985 regarding joblessness in the U.S. despite the twenty-six month recovery from the last economic recession. The study reports that the jobless rate for all civilians who want jobs was 14.4 percent in 1984, in contrast with 11.3...
- Joblessness Hits 5-Year Low. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;6/19/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32405, p39
The article reports that joblessness in New York has hit a five-year low in May 2006. The statistics show that the unemployment figure has declined to 4.6 percent from 5.1 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis. The leading area for job growth is centered in new York City with an increase of 1.9...