Falling in with the out crowd
- SOME PROPOSITIONS ON THIRD PARTY CHOICE: DOMESTIC VS. INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS PROVIDERS. Stank, Theodore P.; Maltz, Arnold B. // Journal of Marketing Theory & Practice;Spring96, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p45
The increasingly competitive and deregulated environment for domestic logistics is forcing firms to reexamine private provision of logistics services. Domestic logistics services may increasingly be provided by third party logistics companies, as they are in the international logistics realm....
- A moving decision. // Frontline Solutions;Jun2001, Vol. 2 Issue 6
Reports on the debate over the outsourcing of business logistics operations. Pros and cons of outsourcing.
- Why Not Hire Mario Andretti to Run Your ERP System? Gould, Lawrence S. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Aug99, Vol. 111 Issue 8, p62
Discusses enterprise resource planning (ERP) outsourcing. Its advantages; Dimensions of outsourcing; ERP outsourcing cost; Quiz to find out whether a company should outsource its ERP. INSET: Out of Sight, But Not Out of Mind.
- Outsourcing may help ease budget crunch. Mie-Yun Lee // Business Journal (Central New York);9/27/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 39, p3A
Focuses on the outsourcing of activities by small business owners in New York City. Control of the staffing needs; Types of services that can be outsourced; Reliance on outside parties for help.
- Don't Get Locked In. Robinson, Alan // Food Logistics;10/15/2001, Issue 45, p51
Presents a guide for outsourcing third-party logistics providers. Basis of identifying between six and ten third-party providers; Information on third-party contracts; Description on fee structure.
- Outsourcing as a business strategy. Old, Forrest // Business Credit;Sep98, Vol. 100 Issue 8, p24
Focuses on outsourcing in business with reference to the 1998 Dun and Bradstreet Barometer of Global Outsourcing. Benefits of outsourcing to accounts receivable management; Examination of the growth of outsourcing worldwide; Role of outsourcing in industrial management. INSETS: Outsourcing...
- OFFSHORE WORK Outsourcing Labor, Use of Work Visas Still Popular With Tech Companies. Cruz, Sherri // Orange County Business Journal;6/16/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p21
Reports on United States companies' outsourcing of their work internationally and importing workers through consultants. HirsonWexlerPerl's processing of immigrant work visas; Exult Inc.'s outsourcing of its call-center work to India; Proliferation of offshore vendors.
- Business Process Outsourcing on the Rise. Dukart, James R. // AIIM E-DOC;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p34
Focuses on the rise of business process outsourcing (BPO) in the U.S. Details of BPO operations; Speculation on the growth of the market; Advantages of outsourcer expertise to the customers. INSET: Xerox BPO for Chemical Oils, Rental Car Industries.
- Outsourcing: Effective strategy for ancillary departments and core businesses. Muscato, David J. // Secured Lender;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p8
Presents information on outsourcing for various businesses. Definition of outsourcing; Reference to the Outsourcing Institute in New York City; Estimated amount of money the United States market for outsourcing services will increase to; Benefits of outsourcing; Examination of the outsoucing...