Sale of the sentient
- Accentuate the Negative. Buchanan, Leigh // Inc.;1999 Inc. Technology 3, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p15
Analyzes the concept of negative space in knowledge management. How this concept affects the success of a company; Discussion on effective knowledge management; How company product-development teams could benefit from knowledge management.
- Knowledge scheme improves manager performance levels. // Personnel Today;5/21/2002, p4
Reports the success of the knowledge management program of Nortel Networks in Great Britain. Alleviation of productivity and staff performance; Availability of company information in the Intranet; Awareness of the staff on relevant knowledge.
- Knowledge Development. Cohen, Debra J. // HR Magazine;Jan2003, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p112
Deals with the role of knowledge development in human resource (HR) management. Definition of knowledge development in human resource; Significance of knowledge development to HR professionals; Mission of the American Society for Personnel Administration in 1948; Objective of the Society for...
- Storing, Shaping and Sharing Collective Wisdom. Greengard, Samuel // Workforce;Oct98, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p82
Focucses on how companies in the United States can implement knowledge sharing in their workplaces. Benefits offered by knowledge sharing; Advantages offered by knowledge management (KM); Forms of KM; Ways on how human resource departments can take part in KM.
- An investigative approach. Sinclair, Diane // People Management;11/9/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p75
Explains the meaning of knowledge management for human resource management practitioners. Highlights on the researches made by Harry Scarborough and Chris Carter on the subject; Ways in which human resource functions can contribute to knowledge management.
- Pick Employees' Brains. Roberts, Bill // HR Magazine;Feb2000, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p115
Discusses the role of employees in making knowledge management technologies effective in an organization. Definition of knowledge management; Role of the human resource department in knowledge management efforts in a company.
- Knowledge Management. King, Nigel // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Mar99, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p38
Deals with knowledge management. What is knowledge management; Ways that companies can create knowledge; Proficiencies of a skilled employee; Planning for expertise; Measuring of knowledge management systems; Conclusions.
- Share strength. John, Geraint // People Management;08/13/98, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p44
Looks at what some companies in the United Kingdom are doing to develop a culture of knowledge sharing with employees. Discussion on knowledge management; Logic behind knowledge management; Disadvantages of special rewards for knowledge sharing.
- Expect expertise. Griffiths, Ward // People Management;10/14/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 20, p87
Outlines how the Institute for Personnel and Development's research program will contribute to the development of professional practice. Importance of high-quality people management and development; Concerns over knowledge management; Research on workplace learning and culture.