- A prosperous New Year? // Credit Management;Jan2004, p7
Assesses the prospects for the business sector in Great Britain in 2004. Number of business closures in 2003; Increase in bankruptcies; Estimate of the British Chamber of Commerce that legislation and regulation have imposed additional costs on businesses since 1997; Information Commissioner's...
- On Regulation and HFTs. NAZARETH, ANNETTE; COLBY, ROBERT; MASSARI, JAI // Traders Magazine;Oct2011, Vol. 24 Issue 329, p36
In this article the author discusses the working paper "Future of Computer Trading in the Financial Markets," by Great Britain's Foresight Programme. She says that it focuses on the risks and effects of computer-based trading, which include high-frequency and algorithmic trading, on the...
- Export. // Credit Management;Feb2003, p20
Reports on news and developments related to export trade in Great Britain as of February 2003. Possible impact of Britain's preparation for a possible war with Iraq on export trade; Highlights of the South London Export Club meeting on December 2, 2002 about exporting to India; International...
- News and views. // Credit Control;1997, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p3
Reports on developments related to commerce in Great Britain as of June 1996. Includes agreement on jurisdiction of the courts under the Hague Conference convention; Merger of CCN Group with TRW Information Systems & Services; Shortage of workers as reason for hampered business growth.
- Drunk on misguided optimism. Heller, Robert // Management Today;Aug1996, p24
Focuses on the global renaissance of the British industry. Heseltine competitiveness drive; Status of financial services; Organizational capabilities; Role in world competition.
- Stand up for business. Melville-Ross, Tim // Director;Oct97, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p4
Presents information on the importance of business to the economy of Great Britain. How business innovates and produces goods and services of high standards; Additional information on the economic benefits of businesses; Facts about the importance of British businesses.
- Business diary. Percival-Straunik, Lindsay // Director;Oct97, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p24
Presents information on scheduled events associated with business in Great Britain from October 14 to December 5, 1997.
- DTI push backs Britain abroad. Mistry, Bhavna // Marketing Event;May97, p24
Focuses on the impact of the Hanover Industry Fair in New Hampshire on British companies overseas. Number of British companies that participated in the event; Great Britain's Department of Trade and Industry's promotion of the UK plc as a world-leading export brand; Central theme of the major...
- World trade: Will Britain boom? Julius, DeAnne // Director (00123242);Jul1995, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p25
Focuses on British exports. Contention that exports was the fastest growing part of the economy in 1994; Information on world trade; Description of the factors leading to increasing trade; Role of Britain's currency in its trade increase.