- Legal checklist. Aikin, Olga // People Management;08/13/98, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p21
Summarizes developments in employment case law in Great Britain as of August 1998. King versus The Hundred of Hoo Nursery concerning maternity notices; Divine-Bortey versus London Borough of Brent; Bills on employment.
- Top 10 ways employers get sued--and how to avoid them. Carmen, Peter D. // Business Journal (Central New York);11/15/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p19
Provides insights into the things that employers do to get sued. Negative consequence from an inflated performance evaluations and documentation; Treatment towards employee complaints about illegal conduct in the workplace; Reliance upon at-will employment.
- in brief. // Employers Law;May2003, p11
Presents news briefs related to legal cases on employment in Great Britain as of May 2003. Ruling on the case Alyward versus Glamorgan Holiday Homes; Court of Appeal ruling on employment status.
- A permanent headache. Baker, James // Employers Law;May2003, p13
Presents information on cases which revealed complications of the permanent health insurance (PHI) in Great Britain. Damages claim of an employee; Decision on gross misconduct of an employee; Information on how to protect against liabilities connected to PHI schemes. INSET: Is PHI cover worth...
- Test your knowledge. Baker, James // Employers Law;Dec2004, p21
Presents a multiple choice quiz on employment cases that happened in Great Britain in 2004.
- ADVICE OF COUNSEL. Tammelleo, A. David; Sullivan, Gayle Hacker // RN;Sep90, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p73
Presents legal advice to nurses. Reason for disclosing employment history; Information on the statute of limitations for negligence lawsuits filed by minors; Proper way for a nurse to tell his supervisor about his mood disorder.
- Legal checklist. Aikin, Olga // People Management;5/14/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p23
Summarizes the developments in employment case law. Details on the sex discrimination claim in the Cast versus Croydon College case; Findings on the Wandsworth Borough Council versus D'Silva and Lawn case; Decision on the South West Trains Limited versus Wightman case.
- Legal checklist. Aikin, Olga // People Management;9/16/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 18, p21
Discusses employment law cases regarding `stigma' damages and maternity rights. Bank of Credit and Commerce International SA versus Ali and others; Malik versus BCCI; P&O Ferries versus Iverson; Webb versus EMO; Boyle versus EOC.
- LEGAL CHECKLIST. // People Management;10/9/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 20, p21
Presents an update on employment cases in Great Britain as of October 2003. Liability of employers for the course of employment in the case Mattis versus Pollock; Documentation fraud on the case Dubai Aluminium Co. versus Salaam and others; Riley-Williams versus Argos Ltd.