PAY AND BENEFITS
- Raise Those Raises. Rebhahn, Peter // Psychology Today;May/Jun99, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p15
Points out that salary increase can motivate employees. Attitude of employers toward salary increase; Details on the study conducted by Nina Gupta, a business administration professor.
- Quirky perks don't tempt employees. // People Management;11/23/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p11
Reports on the ineffectiveness of offering unusual benefits in the recruitment and retention of employees in the United States, according to a survey released in November 2000. Examples of the unusual benefits; Top factors that encourage people to stay in their jobs.
- Setting the Table. // Workforce (10928332);Mar2000, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p140
Provides advice to a human resources director regarding negotiating his compensation package. Guide questions to determine a reasonable amount to request; Tips on talking about his contributions to the company.
- What Goes Up May Come Down. Frase-Blunt, Martha // HR Magazine;Aug2001, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p85
Provides tips for employers and human resource professionals on dealing with the issue of variable pay with employees. Importance of constant communication with employees regarding variable pay plans; How to handle variable pay plans when goals are missed; Benefits of evaluating variable pay...
- Counteroffer, counterproductive? Ettorre, Barbara // Management Review;Feb95, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p8
Discusses the implications of making a counteroffer whenever an employee has been lured into another company. Setting of double standard; Resentment and displacement of workers if a department will have to be reorganized; Feeling of betrayal on the part of the employer.
- Aligning work and rewards. // Management Review;Feb95, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p19
Presents the discussion of personnel managers on how their companies are changing their compensation systems. Goal of managers; Linking employees to the customer; Customer-oriented incentive systems; Role of rewards in boosting employee productivity; Rewarding group endeavors and results.
- Around the world in 80 seconds. // Human Resources (09648380);Jun2009, p8
The article offers human resources (HR), legal and employment news briefs worldwide. A research in Australia found a correlation between height and earnings. A factory worker has chopped off and ate his finger in protest of the wages offered by his employer in Serbia. The New Zealand Employment...
- A Raise by Any Other Name. Fung, Shirliey // Across the Board;Jun99, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p62
Suggests how should employees approach their managers to ask for an increase in their salaries.
- Adding Salary Ranges To Internal Job Postings. Rouzer, Patricia A. // HR Magazine;Aug2000, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p107
Emphasizes the importance of including salary ranges on in-house job postings. Purposes of the inclusion of salary ranges; Implications of lack of openness about pay ranges; Role of posting salary ranges in helping employees determine their appropriateness for the job; Role of the human...