Firms call for Europe-wide action to tackle IT crisis
- Perspectives on the search for IT labor. Lewis, Bob // InfoWorld;07/24/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p52
Comments on the shortage of information technology (IT) employees. Long-term answer to the labor shortage; Importance of training employees; Effects of terminating an employee.
- No end to skills shortage. Angus, Fiona; Maher, William // Australian Personal Computer;Jan2001, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p118
Focuses on the factors that contribute to the labor market shortage of skilled information technology employees in Australia. Vacant spots reported for staff specializing in Windows 2000; Job hopping phenomenon exacerbating the shortage according to industry observers.
- No quick fix for IT. Neil, Stephanie // PC Week;04/26/99, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p68
Focuses on the shortage of information technology (IT) workers faced by the United States as of April 26, 1999. H-1B visa policy's failure to solve the shortage; Need for the government and employers to focus on IT training. INSET: As the semiconductor industry proved, IT can mean....
- No end in sight for IT jobs crisis. Maher, William; Marriner, Cosima // Australian Personal Computer;Dec99, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p24
Focuses on the continuation of labor market shortage for information technology employees in Australia until the year 2005. Estimates of the number of information technology position unfilled among Australian businesses; Transition to electronic commerce affecting the job market.
- Illinois state snapshot. // InfoWorld;09/28/98, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p99
Cites the strong demand for information technology workers in Illinois in 1998. Link between the state's economic performance and job growth; Classes of IT workers for which there is the strongest demand; Chicago salaries' outpacing of the national average.
- Four iterations of the 'L word' can help companies overcome the perceived shortage. Biggs, Maggie // InfoWorld;07/24/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p52
Comments on the things to consider in dealing with the shortage of information technology employees. Importance of continuous learning; Dealing with young employees.
- A simple solution to the labor shortage: Build broadband to the home. Vizard, Michael // InfoWorld;07/24/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p75
Suggests a solution to the shortage of information technology employees. Creation of a broadband infrastructure for employee recruitment; Predicted growth of broadband access in United States households.
- TROLLING FOR TECHIES. Kooser, Amanda C. // Entrepreneur;May2000, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p28
Cites the shortage of information technology (IT) workers as of May 2000. Projected number of IT workers needed between 1996 and 2006; How to find qualified employees; What workers look for in a small-business employer.
- LABOR SQUEEZE. Harrington, Paul E.; Fogg, Neeta P. // Connection (0895-6405);Fall2000, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p13
Examines the scientific, engineering and information technology (SEIT) labor market in New England. Overview of the labor shortage in SEIT fields; Analysis of the job vacancy rate in the region; Separation activity of employees.