RECRUITMENT AND TRAINING
- 2010 SOC available. // Occupational Outlook Quarterly;Spring2010, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p56
The article offers information on the 2010 Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) that covers all jobs in the U.S. economy.
- Legends Of The Workplace. Percy, Susan // Georgia Trend;Jun2002, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p10
Reports the significance of employment for job-seekers in Georgia. Services of managers and financial planners for employees; Accounts on the attitude in finding jobs; Awareness of individual to the changes in the marketplace.
- The gains from trade in a Ricardian model when workers have preferences among occupations. Tompkinson, Paul // Journal of Post Keynesian Economics;Summer99, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p611
Provides information on occupational preferences based on Ricardian model. Utility functions incorporating occupational preferences; Process of the model; Policy in the presence of occupational preferences.
- Job safety gains endangered. Gruenberg, Mark // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;4/19/2012, Vol. 75 Issue 37, following p14
The article presents information on the threats to job safety in the U.S.
- Puerto Rico's salaried employment swells. Valentin-Mari, Jeffry // Caribbean Business;11/30/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 47, p12
Reports on the growth of payroll jobs in Puerto Rico in October 2000. Contents of the report from the Puerto Rico Department of Labor and Human Resources; Employment in different sectors.
- Boom in 'old-style' jobs belies hype of knowledge economy. // People Management;7/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p11
Cites that the increase in traditional work in Great Britain in the 1990s raises doubts about the predicted expansion of the knowledge economy, according to research from the Future of Work program.
- I wanna be... // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);01/15/99, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p1B
Presents a chart showing occupations with largest projected employment growth for the period, 1996-2006.
- Largest employers get bigger faster. Lyster, Michael // Orange County Business Journal;12/01/97, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p1
Reports that jobs have swelled the ranks of Orange County's largest private sector employers while scores of other local workers have shifted companies in a series of mergers and acquisitions. Employment rate based on the 1997 December issue of the Business Journal list; Trend of the increasing...
- International. // People Management;6/15/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 12, p12
Presents several developments on the status of employment in European Union countries. Talks between unions and employers concerning the draft employment bill of South Africa; Protest by the union federation Cosatu against employers for delaying the bill; Decrease in the employment rate in the...