Shares for everyone?
- How to set up a share ownership scheme. Jenkins, Louise // People Management;9/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p44
Details the concepts of all-employees share ownership plan (Aesop) and the enterprise management incentives (EMI) scheme. Modules of Aesop; Aim of EMI.
- Nuttal Review on Employee Ownership published. // Employee Benefits;Aug2012, p11
The article informs that Nuttal Review on Employee Ownership has recognized main barriers to uptake of employee ownership.
- ESOPs as Financing Tools (Book). // Benefits Quarterly;1990 First Quarter, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p74
Presents an abstract of the article "ESOPs as Financing Tools," by Michael J. Nassau and Max J. Schwartz, which appeared in the October 1989 issue of "CFO."
- Raising eyebrows. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);08/13/99, Vol. 46 Issue 33, p5A
Reports on the decision of Dal LaMagda, chief executive officer of beauty supply firm Tweezerman to give employees of the company a percentage ownership in the firm in lieu of a pay increase. Employee eligibility requirement.
- Share schemes too pricey for small firms. Stretch, Nicholas // Director;Sep2002, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p34
Discusses the obstacles facing small businesses in Great Britain that are planning to offer share schemes to employees. Disadvantages of the Enterprise Management Incentive scheme; Organization which is a source of general help to small companies aiming to establish employee share ownership...
- Pensions, profit-sharing build employee loyalty. Bleznick, Susan // Crain's Detroit Business;05/25/98, Vol. 14 Issue 21, pE-5
Presents information on employee ownership with emphasis on pensions and profit sharing. Details on stock option plans; In-depth look at how employers can create a sense of ownership among employees; Comments from Dick Chelten, president and owner of the Timberland Group Incorporated, and...
- Business succession planning and wealth diversification with an ESOP plan. Tuttle, Arthur W. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;2/19/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p25
The article focuses on employee stock ownership plans (ESOP) that will help business owners manage their trade. National Center for Employee Ownership, based in Oakland, California, revealed that there are 8.5 million people in the U.S. who are participating in 11,500 ESOP. It is stated that...
- Pros and Cons of Employee Stock Ownership Plans. Forbes, Wallace F.; Partland, Donald P. // Business Horizons;Jun76, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p5
A study recently conducted by Hewitt Associates for the Profit Sharing Council of America surveyed ten companies that had established ESOPs over the past four years. The participating companies ranged in size from $3 million to $1.5 billion in annual sales and employed from fewer than 200 people...
- 2009, More Than Just a Year. Keeling, J. Michael // ESOP Report;Dec2009, p2
The author reflects on the events that happened in the year 2009 which were helpful in visualizing developments that made an impact in Employee Stock Ownership Plan Association (ESOP) efforts to make U.S a more employee ownership through ESOPs. He cites protests held in 2009 and the poor...