your questions answered
- Sleeping beauties. Trucco, Terry // InStyle;Nov2002, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p341
Provides a guide in selecting and caring sleeper sofas. Approaches in determining the metal support of the sofa; Impact of direct sunlight on the sofa; Measures for keeping a dust-free mattress.
- Questions & Common Sense Answers. Taylor, Fred // Antique Shoppe Newspaper;Sep2013, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p8
The article provides two questions and answers related to the maintance of furniture and the auction of desk from Scandia Furniture Ltd.
- The question box. Varese, Michael // Country Living;Oct97, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p102
Provides tips on how to restore old furnitures. Restoring a beat-up icebox; How to disguise the damage of a desk drawer; Suggestions for removing small scratch on a wooden tabletop.
- FURNITURE STORES INDUSTRY (NAICS 44211). // United States Product & Retail Report Series;2012, Special section p1
The article presents information on the performance and forecast for parts and materials used in furniture repair product line of the furniture stores industry in the U.S. for 2012 and 2013. Information on the related industries including office furniture manufacturers and department stores and...
- Furniture Fixes. Riethmiller, Laura; Hammerle, John // Indianapolis Monthly;Aug2001, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p84
Presents recommendations on restoring antique furniture. Difference between repairing, refinishing and restoring; Companies in Indianapolis, Indiana that repair, refinish or restore furniture; Preservation's requirement of attention to accuracy in materials and in labor; Ways in which...
- Untitled. Johnson, Bruce // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Feb1994, Vol. 98 Issue 12, p26
Gives advice regarding the preservation of wood antique furniture. Removing a white ring on a walnut veneer table; Removing scratches in the marble top of an old Victorian parlor table.
- Knock on wood. Johnson, Bruce // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Feb96, Vol. 100 Issue 12, p43
Presents answers to queries involving wooden antique furniture. Use of water or heat in coaxing compacted wood to return to its normal size; Safe way to remove paint from marble; Benefits and drawbacks in using orbital sanders.
- Knock on wood. Johnson, Bruce // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Dec98, Vol. 103 Issue 10, p16
Gives pieces of advice on antique furniture maintenance and repair. Information on where to order oak plugs or dowels that have flat or quartersawn grain; Suggestions on whether or not to refinish old bedroom suit.
- Readers reporting. Metz, Jerry // Wood & Wood Products;Jun94, Vol. 99 Issue 7, p18
Presents information from readers on various topics about maintenance and repair of furniture. Materials to use to even out wood color variations; Telegraphing of the particleboard; Information on gluesize; Choices for core materials; Tips for prevention of warpage in high-grade chests.