Clarification on distance selling
- Many bad returns. Aragon, Lawrence // PC Week;5/8/95, Vol. 12 Issue 18, pA/1
Reports on the plan of the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to launch an investigation into how the industry handles returned systems. Percentage of machines returned to retail outlets; Vendors' recycling of the parts of returned PCs for systems being billed as brand-new; Ramifications of...
- Operators oppose vendor permits. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/28/94, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p11
Reports on restaurateurs' opposition to the granting of permits to street vendors in New Orleans, Louisiana. Sanitation problems.
- True calling. // U.S. News & World Report;4/1/96, Vol. 120 Issue 13, p71
Informs that many brokerages in the United States are breaking consumer-protection rules in making cold calls to solicit new business. Regulators' 1996 report indicating that brokerages are not properly screening, training and supervising employees; Specific rules regarding cold calls; Contact...
- Real Estate News. Zibel, Alan // Gay & Lesbian Times;4/8/2010, Issue 1163, p27
The article offers information on a new government program launched by the administration of the U.S. President Barack Obama to speed up the process of home selling in the country.
- China slams the door on the Avon lady. // Newsweek;5/4/1998, Vol. 131 Issue 18, p49
Reports how the Chinese government banned door-to-door selling. The criticism of direct selling; The amount of money American firms will lose in sales.
- Illinois Law Now. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;5/11/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 27, p8
The article offers information related to law and legislation in Illinois which include return policies in retail stores, legal protection on emerging inventors and appeal for traffic violation.
- RETAILERS IT'S TIME TO SHOUT ABOUT YOUR RETURNS POLICY. Hewitt, Mark // Supply Chain Europe;Jul2009, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p38
The article offers information on the impact of the Distance Selling Act and Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive to retailers in Europe. It mentions that the legislations resulted to the efforts of retailers to find efficient solutions in processing returns. Moreover, the...
- IllinoisLawNow. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;1/5/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p7
The article provides information on several topics related to laws in Illinois which include the moves of some retailers regarding return policies, the recommendations of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office regarding individuals who seek professional advice from a patent lawyers, and the right...
- Retourenkosten heizen Wettbewerb im Versand an. Prokask, Anke; Erlinger, Matthiasy // Textilwirtschaft;6/20/2013, Issue 25, p6
The article examines the economic impact of return costs on the German mail order industry. The June 2014 expiration of laws mandating the payment of return costs by mail order companies for bills of 40 euros is described and the effect of this legal change on competition is discussed.