To end the bloodshed
- The Peace of Jerusalem. Egan, Anthony // America;03/19/2001, Vol. 184 Issue 9, p28
Calls for the promotion of peace between Israel and Palestine. Event that led to the political uprising; Role played by Christians in the struggle against apartheid; Crisis within the Palestinian National Authority; Reflection on the apartheid in South Africa.
- How a cycle of violence entraps Arafat in peace talks. Battersby, John // Christian Science Monitor;1/31/96, Vol. 88 Issue 45, p1
Focuses on the apparent peace talks between Israel and the Palentines, and the pressure Palestinian President, Yasser Arafat is being placed under, because of the feud between the two countries. Islamic militants' violence against Israel; Assassinations of militant Palestinians by Israeli...
- The role of law in a Palestinian-Israeli accomodation[*]. Quigley, John // Case Western Reserve Journal of International Law;Spring/Summer99, Vol. 31 Issue 2/3, p351
Determines the influence of political factors on the peace settlement between Israel and Palestine. Efforts of the United Nations to promote accommodation between the two countries; Bilateralist approach of the United States on the issue; Inconsistency of Israel position on repatriation and...
- Fading prospects for peace. Blanford, Nicholas // Middle East;Mar2000, Issue 299, p16
Reports impact of escalation of violence in south Lebanon on the peace negotiations between Syria and Israel. Bombing of Lebanese electricity sub-stations; Role of Lebanon on the peace process; Involvement of the Shia Muslim Hizbullah insurgent movement; Sentiments of the Lebanese media on the...
- The luring of Syria. Martin, Josh // Middle East;Mar2000, Issue 299, p23
Focuses on the economic offers by the European Union (EU) and the United States to Syria for the attainment of peace agreement with Israel. Initial response of the Syrian government on the economic incentives; Discussions on the Mediterranean Basin strategy of EU known as MEDA II; Implications...
- The quest for peace. HAYES, SUSAN // Scholastic Update;12/14/98, Vol. 131 Issue 7, p6
Probes into the Middle East peace agreement between Israel and Palestine. Overview of the peace treaty; Factor that triggered the nations' dilemma; Implication of the peace treaty; Opposition against the treaty.
- Shaped by conflict. // Scholastic Update;12/14/98, Vol. 131 Issue 7, p10
Offers a brief background information on the Middle East peace treaty between Israel and Palestine. Situation in 1890s; Creation of Israel on May 14, 1948; Protest staged by the Palestinians in 1987; Agreement reached on October 23, 1998.
- Drawing on the news. // Scholastic Update;12/14/98, Vol. 131 Issue 7, p21
Deals with the peace treaty between Israel and Palestine.
- What hope for peace? // Junior Scholastic;10/20/97, Vol. 100 Issue 4/5, p5
Comments on a peace plan by the Palestinians and the Israelis in regards to the claiming of land. What was agreed by the parties; Who has opposed the agreement.
- Lebanon heats up as peace stays chilled. Peterson, Scott // Christian Science Monitor;9/16/96, Vol. 88 Issue 204, p6
Discusses the impact of the peace talks between Israel and Syria on Lebanon. Expectations of renewed conflict amid talks that Hisbullah militia is rearming; Battle between Israel and Syria through proxy armies; Likelihood that Hizbullah may continue its attacks if Syria makes peace with Israel.