Speech Recognition Firm Files For Chapter 11 Reorganization
- L&H Files For Chapter 11 Protection. Olenick, Doug // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/18/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p82
Reports that voice-recognition software maker Lernout and Hauspie Speech Products has filed for a Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in New York, New York. Relevance of the filing on the financial problems of the company; Account of the decrease in corporate profit; Plans of subsidiary companies...
- Tech firm's journey into an overseas storm. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;01/22/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the bankruptcy of Vasco Data Security International Inc.'s Belgium-based stockholder, Lernout and Hauspie Speech Products NV (LH). Possible impact on the company; Vasco Data management's description of their relationship with LH.
- Lernout & Hauspie bankruptcy filing leaves future uncertain. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;12/11/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p24
Reports on Lernout & Hauspie Speech Products NV's (L&H) filing for bankruptcy. Asset that everyone in the speech-recognition industry wants; What might drain company talent and affect its ability to retain customers; One premier customer L&H lost.
- Third Circuit Constrains the Granting of Injunctions Against Foreign Proceedings. Coale, Margarita // Venulex Legal Summaries;2003 Q1, p1
The article focuses on the decision of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, concerning the Stonington Partners Inc. versus Lernout & Hauspie Speech Products case that was filed in 2002. The Court of Appeals reversed the lower courts' orders that barred a creditor from pursuing its...
- Speech-recognition algorithm cuts memory, boosts accuracy. Leonard, Milt // Electronic Design;10/14/93, Vol. 41 Issue 21, p37
Reports on an advanced speaker-independent, continuous-speech-recognition algorithm designed by Lernout & Hauspie Speech Products. Percentage accuracy; Combination of artificial neural networks and the company's phoneme-based Hidden Markov Model technology; Test run by the National Institute of...
- Lernout & Hespie is the company to talk to when it comes to speech-to-text. Petreley, Nicholas // InfoWorld;04/28/97, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p104
Opinion. Comments that Lernout and Hauspie Speech Products NV is an exceptional company because it has both the ability to create technology and make it useful. Recognition for providing speech technology; Importance of use in the industry.
- Lernout & Hauspie sees future potential of schools in translation market. // Electronic Education Report;08/18/99, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p7
Announces the launch of Lernout & Hauspie's translation software `L&H Power Translator Pro' in American education market. Product's capabilities; Software features; Sales revenue in the second quarter of 1999.
- Ericsson chooses speech recognition. // Telephony;07/27/98, Vol. 235 Issue 4, p42
Reports on Ericsson's software licensing agreement with Lernout & Hauspie (L&H) Speech Products. Technologies that L&H will provide to Ericsson.
- Winner Declared in Lernout & Hauspie Speech Products Bankruptcy Brawl. Brickley, Peg // Corporate Legal Times;Feb2002, Vol. 12 Issue 123, p52
Focuses on the issues concerning the auction of Lernout and Hauspie Speech Products NV. Complexity on the process of the auction; Winning bidder of the auction; Responsibility of judge Judith H. Wizmur for approving the sale.