Radio Club Honors Pioneers, Looks To Future At 91st Fete
- Contreras wins Radio Club's President's award. // Mobile Radio Technology;Jan2002, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p32
Reports that 'Mobile Radio Technology' publisher Mercy Contreras was chosen to receive the President's Award from the Radio Club of America. Recognition of Contreras' service and dedication to the organization; Positions held by Contreras at the organization.
- The Music Institute. Heath, Lawrence // English Dance & Song;Summer2014, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p23
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of visiting The Music Institute folk club in Guildford, England.
- Notes From The Underground. Bickers, James // Louisville Magazine;Mar2003, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on the Barretones music club in Louisville, Kentucky. Capacity of the club; Details of the bar in the club; Interior decoration of the club.
- The American Musical Instrument Society invites proposals for presentations. // American Music Teacher;Aug/Sep96, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p10
Announces the American Musical Instrument Society's call for proposals for presentations at its 26th annual meeting to be held in Washington, D.C., in May 1997. Focus on musical instrument studies.
- Resident of Wabash big local arts backer. Thomas, John // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/11/95, Vol. 16 Issue 39, p14
Looks at Richard E. Ford, one of the biggest supporters of art in Indianapolis. Awards won; Nominations gained; Comments from Janet Rost, executive director of the American Pianists Association.
- WESTCHESTER CHAMBER MUSIC SOCIETY. // Westchester County Business Journal;9/27/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 39, Special section pA14
The article announces the 60th anniversary of the Westchester Chamber Music Society.
- Ratings for rock music. // Film Comment;May/Jun86, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p9
The actions of the Parents' Music Resource Center (PMRC) to `censor' rock music under the guise of rating it, looks to the rating system of the Motion Picture Association of America for guidance. Discusses whether ratings are really good sense orcensorship.
- Not singing the blues. Beaven, Stephen // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/11/96, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p5
No abstract available.
- NY group seeking a space to jazz up. // Crain's New York Business;9/09/96, Vol. 12 Issue 37, p19
Reports that the Jazz Foundation of America is beginning a preliminary search for space and funds to set up a museum and cultural center. American Jazz Cultural Center to house a collection of jazz memorabilia and post a guide to current happenings in the New York City jazz scene.