At NTT DoCoMo, No Lack Of Ambition
- WAP Trap? Fingar, Courtney // Export Today's Global Business;Jan2001, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p10
Focuses on the state of Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) mobile phone in Asia. Number of mobile phone users in China in 2000; Why WAP mobile phone is not the preferred platform for Web access in most of Asia; Complaints on WAP mobile phones; Features of NTT DoCoMo's iMode technology; Other...
- Wireless 'Net Standards Unite. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;10/09/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 41, p30
Highlights the convergence of the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) and NTT DoCoMo's i-Mode. Launching of the third-generation network in Japan; Investment of DoCoMo at a unit of America Online Inc. in Japan; Benefits of the convergence.
- WAP vs. iMode: A battle of execution. Bruno, Antony // RCR;07/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p1
Compares existing Wireless Application Protocol services and NTT DoCoMo's iMode wireless Internet service.
- Browser wars. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;01/29/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 5, p74
Reports on the entry of the i-mode browser technology from NTT DoCoMo in the market dominated by Wireless Application Protocol (WAP). Joint venture of the company with Telecom Italia Mobile and KPN Mobile; Types of browsers used by Hutchison handsets; Call of Nokia for WAP version 2; Reasons...
- Quick look at i-mode and Java. Stolz, Mark // Electronics Weekly;11/20/2002, Issue 2077, p21
Presents views on the success of the i-mode Java Application Environment (iAppli), wireless applications from NTT DoCoMo. Incompatibility of iAppli with the mobile information device profile; List of European telecommunication companies that have licensed i-mode technology; Benefits of adopting...
- Santa, Phone Home. Fox, Justin // Fortune International (Europe);7/9/2001, Vol. 144 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the state of the wireless communications industry in Europe as of July, 2001. Amount spent by companies to acquire so-called third-generation broadband licenses; Financial status of companies including Vodafone and Nokia; Success of Japan's NTT DoCoMo i-mode service; Perceived...
- Developing Mobile Wireless Applications. Read, Kris; Maurer, Frank // IEEE Internet Computing;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p81
Discusses major application-development technologies for mobile wireless devices. Features of the wireless application protocol; Information on the i-mode Internet service developed by NTT DoCoMo; Function of the J2ME application of Sun Microsystems. INSET: XHTML Fundamentals.
- The Japan Connection. Theil, Stefan // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);03/12/2001 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 137 Issue 11, p64
Describes developments in wireless Internet phones, including the popularity of NTT DoCoMo's i-mode service in Japan. Advantages of i-mode technology, which uses digital data packet switching, over standard Wireless Application Protocol phones; Plans of DoCoMo to introduce i-mode to the...
- The Japan Connection. Theil, Stefan // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);03/12/2001 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 137 Issue 11, p52
Describes developments in wireless Internet phones, including the popularity of DoCoMo's i-mode service in Japan. Advantages of i-mode technology, which uses digital data packet switching, over standard Wireless Application Protocol phones; Plans of DoCoMo to introduce i-mode to the European...