Telecom Hub Emerges In Northern Virginia
- Work begins on fiber-optic communications network in CBD. Delevett, Peter // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/17/96, Vol. 16 Issue 50, p16
Reports on the construction of a fiber-optic communications network in the Central Business District in New Orleans, Louisiana. Project backers' marketing of the service to potential customers in the area; Features of the communications network.
- Briefs. // Communications News;Jul94, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p53
Reports that companies located in Dallas' central business district have Sonet option to consider when weighing whether to connect to alternative local access provider.
- Learning to love the landlord. Lynch, Grahame // America's Network;02/15/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on the impact of the growing trend in telecommunications (telcos) services on downtown areas in the United States. Renovation of buildings for telcos services; Effect of the trend on the suburbanization of commerce; Partnership among telcos companies.
- Untitled. Grant, Ian // Computer Weekly;12/15/2009, p43
The article reports that network supplier BT Business has won a contract worth around 10m pounds to install a 10 giga byte per second (gbps) network in MediaCityUK, the 500m pounds redevelopment of the Salford Harbour in Manchester, England. It informs that the 36-acre city centre site is being...
- Alvarion Partners with Hitachi Cable Networks to Enable 3G Ofload on a Tier One Mobile Operator Network in Tokyo's Congested Downtown Districts. // WiMAX Monthly Newsletter;Feb2013, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p7
The article reports on the partnership between Alvarion Ltd. and Hitachi Cable Networks in Tokyo, Japan. It mentions that the partnership is aimed to enable the 3G telecommunication system on a Tier One Mobile Operator Network in congested downtoen districts of the city. It adds that the Wi-Fi...
- 'Bandwidth Bay' Making Headway. Ward, Denise T. // San Diego Business Journal;12/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p8
Reports on the efforts of downtown San Diego, California business advocates to attract high technology firms by highlighting fiber-optic cable located there. Integration of bandwidth into new and old developments throughout the area; Internet application designed by the city and the Centre City...
- Data center operator Global Switch provides connectivity to FirstPath new Sydney harbour subsea cable. // Submarine Fiber Optic Communications;Aug2015, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p14
The article reports on data center provider Global Switch's 2015 announcement that its data center campus in Sydney, New South Wales has provided connection between customers and FirstPath's new high capacity submarine cables that were laid across Sydney harbor in July 2015. Topics include the...
- No turnaround in sight for Jo'burg CBD. Muller, Joan // Finance Week;07/30/99, p31
Focuses on the decline of Johannesburg, South Africa's central business district. Sale of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange building; Decrease in the price of properties in the area; Businesses' movement from the city to other places.
- vertically challenged. Tate, Skip // Cincinnati Magazine;Jun2000, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the trend towards low-rise buildings in downtown Cincinnati, Ohio. Major development projects; Problems with low-rise developments in the area.