TITLE

Carriers Foresee Consumers 'Beaming Up' 3G

AUTHOR(S)
Mears, Jennifer
PUB. DATE
December 2000
SOURCE
Wireless Week;12/04/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 48, p36
SOURCE TYPE
Trade Publication
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
Reveals the predictions of telecommunication carriers in the United States on third generation (3G) wireless services. Measures planned to attract customers; Expectation of consumers from 3G services; Potential applications of the technology.
ACCESSION #
3847156

 

Related Articles

  • Pictures not sent, MMS revenue not received. Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;5/15/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p7 

    The article deals with researches concerning consumers' use of multimedia messaging service in the U.S. In a study of consumer behavior and camera phones, it is observed that only 20 percent of users send photos wirelessly to family and friends. The other 80 percent leave them in the phone's...

  • LNP to put pressure on call centers. Motsay, Emily // RCR Wireless News;9/15/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p6 

    Assesses the potential impact of the implementation of wireless number portability (WNP) on wireless carriers in the U.S. in fall 2003. Possible source of information of consumers regarding WNP; Portion of consumers who plan to switch carriers upon WNP implementation; Measures that must be...

  • Who Will They Churn To Next. Ptak, Michael // Wireless Week;9/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 19, p37 

    Presents views on the importance of customer reward strategies in regulating turnover in the wireless industry. Problems being faced by the industry; Reasons for giving customers reward; Influence of customer reward strategies on customer behavior; Benefits of customer reward strategies.

  • Complaining Customers.  // Rural Telecommunications;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p9 

    Reports on the ranking of cellular phones on the list of the most complained about industries in the U.S. according to a 2003 data released by the Council of Better Business Bureaus (CBBB). Other business that generated more complaints; Factors that contributed to the increase in grievances;...

  • Different Strokes. Gibbs, Steve // Wireless Review;04/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p52 

    Discusses the demographics in consumer needs for wireless communications. Challenge faced by wireless providers in identifying subscriber needs; Information on the subgroups identified by the Cahners In-Stat Group study; Approaches that are being followed by some providers when targeting...

  • Churn plus portability equals Y2K-03. McElligott, Tim // Wireless Review;Sep2003, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p35 

    Discusses concerns over an industrywide churning activity by wireless subscribers and the launch of local number portability in the U.S. telecommunication industry by November 24, 2003. Possible impact of the trend on the industry's profit; Importance of assessing a customer's likelihood to...

  • Complaint Department: They Just Keep Comin' Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;8/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 17, p10 

    Addresses the complaints over wireless services. Views of Jane Zweig, CEO at Shosteck and Associates, on the nature of complaints; Change in the perception of wireless carriers; Indication of billing issues for wireless carriers.

  • The Watcher. O'Shea, Dan // Wireless Review;Oct2005, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p32 

    Presents an article on developing mobisode, the offering of content based on a television show to mobile telephone users. Experience in shooting the mobisode "24: Conspiracy"; Impact on consumer behavior; Performance of telecommunication carriers in offering mobile video.

  • CINGULAR WIRELESS ENHANCES GOPHONE PREPAID SERVICES.  // RBOC Update;Jul2005, pN.PAG 

    Reports on the re-introduction and enhancement of the GoPhone prepaid services of Cingular Wireless as of July 2005. Factor that influenced Cingular to re-launch and enhance the service; Information on Pay As You Go and Pick Your Plan prepaid and postpaid service offerings of GoPhone; Changes...

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of VIRGINIA BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY AND SYSTEM

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics