SMS Promise May Move Americans From Landline To Wireless
- I3 Mobile extends deal using Diversinet product. // RCR;08/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p41
Announces I3 Mobile Inc.'s extension of a licensing agreement for Diversinet Corp.'s Passport Certificate Server and Passport Authorization Product security technology for m-commerce applications.
- Messaging Software Creates Opportunities For Carriers. Careless, James // Wireless Week;04/09/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p20
Offers a look at the messaging software products released by BulletIN.net and ObjectWorld Inc. Functionality of the messaging software products; Issue on the need for the collaboration of paging carriers with equipment manufacturers.
- Short messages will increase 170 percent per year. // RCR;06/19/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p39
Cites a report by Logica PLC which forecasts a 170 percent increase in the number of short messages handled by mobile telecommunication operators per year.
- Site Of The Week. // Wireless Week;05/08/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p30
Presents an update on the Web site of i3 Mobile, a provider of wireless Internet content and mobile commerce services. Background of the company; Usefulness of the site; How site elements are arranged.
- TCS messaging allows phone to IP devices. // RCR;09/27/99, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p30
Reports on TeleCommunications Systems Inc.'s introduction of enhancements to its Mobile Originated Short Message Service solution that allows mobile phone users to send short text messages to Internet Protocol-based applications and devices. Advantages offered by the enhancements; Company's...
- Global SMS growth continues. // RCR Wireless News;6/4/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p24
Reports on the growth of short message service (SMS) text messages that were sent over the world's global system for mobile communications networks in the first three months of 2001. Implication of the growth in SMS from April 1999 to 2001; Factor which GSM Association credited the growth.
- MTV dials up cell phone series. Hansen, Jeremy // Variety;10/09/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 8, p47
Reports on the launching of the television program `U-Pop,' an MTV Asia show that posts text messages from mobile cellphones onscreen during the live program. Asian countries where the show will be aired; Prediction on the future of the Internet in Asia; Participation of Iteru, a Singaporean...
- Value-added MMS to yield $8.3B by 2008. // RCR Wireless News;5/26/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p12
Focuses on the results of a study by research firm Telecom Trends International regarding mobile messaging networks. Potential earnings from value-added services on mobile messaging networks; Sources of revenue for mobile/multimedia (MMS) messaging services; Expectation on the popularity of MMS...
- Paging Message Processor. // Network Dictionary;2007, p364
A reference entry for the term "paging message processor" is presented. In the context of wireless communication system, this refers to a Radio Paging Terminal or to an equivalent message processing system.