Keep Your Motor Running
- Stolen! // Dirt Bike;Feb95, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p74
Provides pointers on how to prevent motorcycle theft. Use of alarms; Cable-locks; Enclosed trailers; Importance of automobile insurance.
- BIKE SECURITY. FRANK, JOHN // American Iron Magazine;Oct2009, Issue 252, p42
The article offers step-by-step instructions for motorcycle theft prevention.
- Big Brother Is Watching. // Automotive Marketing;Mar2001, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p9
Reports the launch of wireless vehicle tracking and control systems from Immobiliser in Houston, Texas. Significance of the systems; Creation of voice enabled oil change reminder service; Purpose of the partnership between Jiffy Lube and ShopTalk Network.
- Vehicle Theft Reduction in Germany: The Long-Term Effectiveness of Electronic Immobilisation. Bässmann, Jörg // European Journal on Criminal Policy & Research;2011, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p221
From 1995 on all new vehicles sold in Germany must be fitted with an electronic immobiliser. This measure was part of a comprehensive police plan which, adopted in 1994, reacted to the unprecedented increase in vehicle theft after German re-unification and the breakdown of the former USSR....
- NICB reports motorcycle thefts up 46% since 1992; Suzukis are most sought after. // Insurance Advocate;07/26/96, Vol. 107 Issue 29, p20
Announces the National Insurance Crime Bureau's issuance of a vehicle theft advisory due to the rising incidence of motorcycle thefts. Number of motorcycle thefts in 1995; 46 percent increase from 1992-1996.
- UWC. M.P.D. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jun2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p17
Highlights the fourth annual Global Summit of the Universal Wireless Communications Consortium held from April 26-28, 2000. Attendees' preoccupation with defining business strategies for third generation (3G) services; Number of time division multiple access subscribers worldwide as of the end...
- So many decisions. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;05/07/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 19, p18
Reports on the 2001 Universal Wireless Communications Consortium Global Summit. Theme of the event; Highlights of the summit; Its participants.
- WAP Forum predicts products for spring. Bruno, Antony // RCR;02/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p64
Details the Wireless Application Forum (WAP) meeting held in February 1999 in Dallas, Texas, focused on determining the vision of wireless communication systems industry in the United States for 2000 and the 21st century. Announcement of expanded membership; Introduction of formal...
- Learning Worldly Prepaid Lessons. Meyer, Thomas // Wireless Week;08/30/99, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p33
Discusses the status of prepaid services in the wireless communication industry of the United States (US). Primary areas that have affected the initial domestic acceptance of prepaid services; Problems that prevent the widespread domestic adoption of prepaid service; How US companies can...