Site Of The Week
- Intelligent Sensor Technology Shows Way to Safety, Savings. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p14
Features the telecommunication device developed by Graviton Inc. in San Diego, California. Expectation for sensor radios to send data over wireless telecommunication networks into computers; Introduction of the motes made by Intel Corp. scientist Jim Wilson; Benefits of the technology on...
- The Third Wave. Trujillo, Solomon D. // Vital Speeches of the Day;7/15/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 19, p582
Presents a speech by Graviton Chairman and CEO, Solomon D. Trujillo, on May 17, 2001, delivered to The Executives Club of Chicago. Future of sensory networks; What wireless sensory information networks are about and their benefits; Company information on Graviton.
- Trujillo Named graviton CEO. // Hispanic;Dec2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p14
Announces the appointment of Solomon Trujillo at Graviton Inc., a company that makes wireless sensor networks. Career background of Trujillo.
- Sensor sensibility. Mehta, Stephanie N. // Fortune;6/24/2002, Vol. 145 Issue 13, p156
Discusses Graviton, a San Diego, California-based upstart, that has developed wireless sensor networks that allow customers to collect real-time information in hard-to-monitor places. Ability of an airport to transmit data over unlicensed wireless airwaves, and the sensors could inform security...
- The Worst of the Tech Wreck Appears to Be Over. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;1/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p14
Reports optimism in high-technology firms in San Diego, California. Sales growth in Captiva Software Corp.; Shutdown of Air Fiber Inc., OMM Inc., and Graviton; Capital financing.
- Roadkill: Bits & bytes. // Advertising Age;7/28/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 30, p16
Discusses two World Wide Web sites. The SwineOnline page, featuring a virtual pig; The American Lung Association's nominees for its annual Phlemmy awards.
- Does your Web site have zero hits? Advertise. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;6/25/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p49
Presents information on getting persons to visit a Web site. Use of advertising in the traditional media; Registering a site on a search engine; Use of direct exchange links and postings in newsgroups.
- Reining in Web sprawl. Klein, David // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Mar1997, Vol. 82 Issue 2, pM-3
Opinion. Focuses on how businesses such as Sprint and Chrysler are consolidating their sprawling Web sites of products brands. Strategies used by the companies; Reason for designs on all sub-sites.
- How to target new site promotions. Ward, Eric // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Mar1997, Vol. 82 Issue 2, pM-3
Reports that Web marketers are using search engines and directories as a means of promoting Web sites. Problems associated with search engines and directories; Importance of using specialized search engines.