airBand Debuts In Dallas
- Cisco takes stab at MMDS market. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;11/01/99, Vol. 237 Issue 18, p24
Discusses the partnership of Cisco Systems with 10 companies in the United States to push a broadband wireless standardization of its vector orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (VOFDM) technology. Purpose of the design of VOFDM; Features of VOFDOM; Availability of Cisco's initial...
- Cisco unveils metro wire-speed performance solutions. // Telecom Asia;Jan2003, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p28
Introduces the ML-Series interface card by Cisco Systems Inc. Composition of the ML-Series; Identification of the wire speed performance of the interface care; Use of the Cisco ONS 15454 for Ethernet service.
- Cisco touts mobile Net access. Moore, Cathleen // InfoWorld;11/20/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p12
Reports on the Cisco Internet Mobile Office initiative of Cisco Systems and the Global Broadband Roaming Service from the partnership of Cisco and iPass. Aim of the initiative; Other companies involved in the initiative; Benefits offered by the service.
- Group to promote voice over broadband. Martin, Michael // Network World;09/04/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p12
Reports on the launch of a group called OpenVoice over Broadband (OpenVoB) by networking equipment manufacturer Cisco Systems Inc. to hasten the rollout of voice over broadband by working to make broadband voice equipment interoperable. Reasons why many service providers are hesitant to deploy...
- Exec: Broadband Is Doing Just Fine. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;10/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p14
Reports the projections of Cisco Systems Inc. on the broadband communication market in the U.S. Consistency on the adoption curve of broadband; Increase in the number of broadband users; Knowledge of consumers on the advantage of broadband.
- Wireless gets a jump-start. // CED;Dec99, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p20
Focuses on Cisco Systems' partnering with communications companies in the United States. Goal of creating an open standard for broadband wireless Internet services; Development of innovative consumer device and appliances based on cutting-edge technologies; Plan to standardize the wireless...
- Bosch and Cisco develop broadband wireless services. // RCR;06/15/98, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p32
Reports that the wireless companies, Bosch Telecom Incorporated and Cisco Systems Incorporated are planning to launch and market broadband wireless networking solutions, in an effort to assist service providers offer data, video and integrated voice services at lower prices and at a quicker...
- SBC, Cisco Partner on IP. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jul2000, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p17
Reports on SBC Communications Inc. and Cisco Systems Inc.'s joint development of a next-generation broadband platform in the United States.
- It doesn't take many to make much. Hardy, Stephen M. // Lightwave;Nov2009, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p2
The author reflects the Visual Networking Index Usage Study of Cisco Systems Inc. in the U.S. in 2009. The author states that the fiber variable in the bandwidth equation of Cisco becomes clear when considering how comparatively few broadband links worldwide benefit from fiber to the building...