Industry Casts Ballot For Wireless Voting
- Readers propose how to fix the U.S. election system and my errant views at the same time. Livingston, Brian // InfoWorld;12/04/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p60
Presents several proposals on how to fix the vote-counting procedures used in the United States elections. Criticisms on Electoral College; Proposal for improvement of voting terminals and paper-based ballots; Problems with internet voting.
- NEXT TIME VIA THE 'NET? Bradner, Scott // Network World;11/20/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p50
Discusses issues of scale, reliability and security involved in Internet-based voting. Problems that have direct analogues in the United States voting system; Issues that acre created with a move to electronic voting; Need for the system to ensure voter anonymity while guaranteeing that people...
- COUNTY TESTS ELECTRONIC VOTING SYSTEM IN SPECIAL DISTRICT ELECTION. // Government Procurement;Feb2001, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p26
Reports the usage of electronic voting system in an election at a district in Jefferson County in the United States. Evaluation on the efficiency of the system; Test on automated balloting and tabulation; Efficiency of election administration.
- NETROPOLITAN. // New Scientist;11/18/2000, Vol. 168 Issue 2265, p17
Presents briefs related to computers and voting, in light of the contested 2000 United States presidential election. Idea to use Internet voting; Web sites related to voting processes; Problems with electronic voting systems; Web site of RISKS Digest, a newsgroup which catalogs mistakes related...
- Automated, online voting in limelight. Fonseca, Brian // InfoWorld;11/13/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p12
Deals with the implication of the confusion surrounding the results of the United States presidential election on the merits and pitfalls of automated voting systems and online voting. Factors which hinder the acceptance of online voting; Concerns raised by voters on the functionality of online...
- BY MAIL OR BY MOUSE? Westerhaus, Peter; Doherty, Mark // Association Management;Oct2001, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p52
Discusses the significance of online or Web-based voting systems. Factors affecting the legality of implementing an online election; Relevance of the rules under Uniform Electronic Transactions Act to online voting; Comparison between traditional and electronic balloting for association...
- Down with tyranny. Cross, Michael // New Scientist;03/25/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 2231, p43
Discusses concerns about Internet or electronic voting. Election.com as the company behind the technology; Possible bypassing of representative politics; Creation of an instant tyranny of the majority as denying pluralism; Benefits of electronic voting; Controversy over the dehumization of the...
- Did the election cost us our democracy? TATAD, FRANCISCO S. // Filipino Reporter;5/31/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 26, p22
The article comments on the result of the May 2013 election in the Phillipines. It suggests that the automated voting machine was designed by Smartmatic and the Commission on Elections so as not to provide documentary proof that the winners had won, the losers had lost and there was of fraud. It...
- Net Voting Raises Numbers & Questions. Brown, Doug // Inter@ctive Week;03/20/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p80
Reports on the use of the Internet in the presidential primary in Arizona in March 2000. Comments from Deborah Phillips of the Voting Integrity Project regarding the online vote; How the online election worked; Estimated number of people that used the Internet to vote in the state.