Amazon Enters Wireless Jungle
- Amazon smartphone in June? Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;6/6/2014, pA02
Analysts are buzzing about a 3D-display smartphone from
- Amazon Could Bring New Business Model To Cellphones. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;4/21/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p8
The article discusses issues concerning Amazon.com Inc., an electronic commerce company. Several analysts predict the company will probably bring a new business model to the cellphone industry in 2014 if it considers entering the smartphone market. David McQueen, the principal analyst at Informa...
- KEEPING UP WITH SMART PHONES. Groover, Joel // Shopping Centers Today;Oct2010, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p38
The article presents the promise and threat of using mobile devices to go shopping in the U.S. It states that the use of mobile devices by shoppers will have a huge effect on brick-and-mortar chains. It notes typical nightmare scenario for retailers such as shoppers using their iPhones to...
- Amazon fires a shot at the smartphone market. // Techlife Australia (Bauer Media Group);Aug2014, Issue 27, p13
Information on the upcoming Fire Phone from Amazon.com Inc. is presented.
- Newspaper program for Kindle DX creates opportunities, challenges. Washkuch, Frank // PRWeek (U.S. Edition);7/1/2009, p21
The article evaluates the Kindle DX mobile reading device from Amazon.com Inc.
- Shop From Anywhere on Amazon. // Chain Store Age;Nov99, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p174
Announces the launching of Amazon Anywhere, a shopping service of online retailer Amazon.com. Product offered by the service; Internet software company that supports Amazon Anywhere; Search engine also launched by the company.
- Building Earth's LARGEST Library: Driving into the Future. Coffman, Steve // Searcher;Mar99, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p34
Discusses several competitive advantages offered to customers doing business over the Internet as illustrated by Amazon.com. Selection offered by Amazon.com; Accessibility and convenience; Quality of Web site and search tools.
- E-comm: Love, trust and doing wrong. Gibbs, Mark // Network World;06/07/99, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p90
Focuses on the author's experience when he ordered a book from Amazon.com Inc. Electronic mail notification received from the company; Problems with the price of the book.
- Growing Pains Continue To Haunt Amazon.com. Guglielmo, Connie // Inter@ctive Week;09/13/99, Vol. 6 Issue 37, p9
Reports on the efforts to improve the performance of the electronic commerce company, Amazon.com. Revenue of the company in the second-quarter of 1999; Long-term prospects of the company.