Upgrades Pose Challenge
- Viewpoint. Ford, Tracy Anderson // RCR;10/07/96, Vol. 15 Issue 40, p47
Comments on AT&T Wireless Services Incorporated's Interim Standard-136 cellular digital service, that was launched using the PCS label in 40 major markets. Claims that the company was trying to confuse the technology distinctions between cellular service at 900 MHz and personal communications...
- AT&T launches digital PCS service. Rodda, Kelli // Business Press;06/28/96, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the launching of AT&T Wireless Services' digital personal communications service in June 1996 making 12 counties in North Texas the inaugural customer base for the new service. Services to be offered by AT&T Digital PCS; Comparison with cellular service.
- AT&T Wireless Services launches digital PCS service in Ariz. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;06/09/97, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p3
Focuses on the launch of a digital personal communication service (PCS) by A T and T Wireless Services Incorporated in Phoenix and Tucson, Arizona. Circumstances surrounding the launch of the service; Information on a shipment of dual-band, dual-mode handsets from Ericsson Incorporated;...
- AT&T Clips Angel's Wings. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 44, p1
Announces the decision of AT&T Wireless to close its Digital Broadband wireless offering. Reason underlying the decision; Brief information on the wireless offering; Implications of the decision to the wireless industry.
- A Digital One Rate for data? Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;05/22/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 21, p30
Reports that AT&T Wireless Services relaunched its cellular digital packet data, PocketNet service, as a wireless Internet service. Reason of the company for focusing on the business market; Information on the tiered basis service offer; Costs of the services. INSET: QUICK TAKE.
- Resellers, Vendors Face CDPD Transition. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;11/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 41, p8
Focuses on the planned migration of telecommunication customers from cellular digital packet data (CDPD) networks to higher speed data networks. Reason for the shutdown of CDPD; Concerns of CDPD equipment makers; Plans of AT&T Wireless.
- Brand name battle being played out in Tulsa wireless market. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;06/16/97, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p3
Reports on Southwestern Bell Mobile Systems' protests against American Telephone and Telegraph (AT&T) Wireless Services Incorporated's Digital PCS brand name for digital cellular markets, despite their introduction of a similar service. Information on the competition between the two companies;...
- Angel's Wings Clipped, But Not Grounded. // Wireless Week;7/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p18
Presents information on the Project Angel wireless local loop system initiated by AT&T Wireless Services Inc. in the 1990s.
- Long anticipated Angel flies in Fort Worth. Smith, Hilary // RCR;03/27/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p1
Reports that AT&T Wireless Services Inc. is planning to offer commercial digital wireless broadband service to residential customers in Fort Worth, Texas. Information about the digital communication technology to be used by the company; Cost of the service; Availability of such service to small...