The On-Call Call
- Scheduling employees for around-the-clock operations. Browne, Jim // IIE Solutions;Feb2000, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p30
Deals with the steps in employee scheduling for operations. Questions to consider in the scheduling; Importance of forecasting customer demand; Work measurement considerations.
- Eight Days a Week. Fandray, Dayton // Workforce (10928332);Sep2000, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p34
Focuses on the trend in working hours in the United States in 2000. Implications of opening businesses 24 hours a day for the full week; Human resources management challenges; Importance of shifting in work schedules; Issues associated with work shifts. INSETS: Round-the-Clock Tools;24/7 Results.
- Shiftwork schedules analyzed. // Professional Safety;Sep99, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p1
Provides information on the findings of a survey on the safety of shiftworkers in the U.S. that work outside the daytime shift. Challenges for employees in maintaining alertness; Actions taken by employers to ensure safety of the workers; Advantages of employing 12-hour shifts.
- welfare. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary;2007, p7906
Information on the term welfare is presented. It is a personnel management term related to the physical and mental well-being of employees and has the provision of helping those who need assistance. Welfare includes physical work conditions like hygiene, temperature, ventilation, lighting, and...
- Readers panel. Time to address long shifts. Byrne, Grant; Brown, Jane; Chamanga, Edwin; Tantam, Kate // Nursing Standard;10/29/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p28
Should 12-hour shifts be banned?
- Tips for holiday scheduling. // Office Manager Today;Dec2015, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p2
The article offers various tips for holiday schedule of an employee with alternative accommodations including taking a day leave without unpaid, swapping the work shift with the co-worker and allowance for working on scheduled pay holiday in exchange of requested holiday leaves.
- Medicines management. Griffiths, Matt // Nursing Standard;1/2/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p28
Routine use of 12-hour shifts is questionable given the evidence on drugs errors, says Matt Griffiths.
- LANKSTAUS DARBO LAIKO DIEGIMO Ä®MONÄ–SE PRIELAIDOS. Hink, Johan Wilhelm // Business: Theory & Practice;2006, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p22
The major trends of working time variation at enterprises and in labour market show that it is constantly decreasing. At the same time, the number of pensioners is constantly growing Therefore, to maintain competitiveness and to get adapted to constantly changing conditions, enterprises should...
- Where's the support? // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Apr2004, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p10
Cites key survey findings in 2004 indicating that only 21% of U.S. companies with extended-hours operations reported they provided human resource coverage to evening, night and weekend shifts.